Anyone Have Something Like This? I Enjoyed the Absense of the Ring for a While...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sodbuster, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Sodbuster

Sodbuster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      two weeks ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So today I had some work to do on the house with power tools, and put one some headphone type ear protection which causes a little suction.

After a couple hours I noticed the absence of the high pitched sound I have become so well acquainted with.

My right ear felt a little something, and in that ear when I walked I would hear something inside my ear that sounded similar to a q tip being brushed up against the tiny hair follicles of the inner ear, but more like a styrofoam sort of sound I heard in that ear years ago when my lymph nodes were swollen.

Something must be in there I thought. So for about three hours I enjoyed the absence of the ring, and as I drove down the mountain I live on into lower elevation it came back, but once in a while I hear that something in my ear sort of sound.

Has anyone experienced this, or heard of someone who has? I am feeling positive that it may one day end, as it has been 5 weeks since it started.

2. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      I've only done this a couple times but when I put my head under water I swear it went near silent. Mine is not too bad though so I don't know if it is some sort of ambient water noise drowns it out of if it is some sort of pressure effect.

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If you are experiencing episodes of silence only five weeks since the onset, you will probably get healed sometime within the next 6-12 months.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Deathtotinni

Deathtotinni Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Qtip and maybe a sound..who knows
      I have enjoyed a much much lower pitch that randomly spikes when have my neck a certain way. But now I’ve lost more hearing. I have this app on my phone that measures what frequentcys you can hear and gives you an age of your ears. Mine was 20 in the left and 30 and sometimes 35 in the right. Now it’s 22 in the left and 40 in the right and I’ve noticed a loss in hearing. I went to some concerts but I wore ear plugs the entire time. My T has gotten better tho. But not being able to hear well causes me to be really tired all the time and not want to do anything. Can’t win with the ear bull crap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sodbuster

Sodbuster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      two weeks ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well that is good to hear bill. It seems like a wild goose chase to figure out the cause, as I can see about 5 things that could be causing it. I still hear that something moving in my right ear sort of sound, but the ringing is back. I am almost afraid to report any improvement because it seems to turn into a symphony shortly after.

6. Striveon

Striveon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Symphony as in music? I get those too, almost as nature sounds. How has your tinnitus been?