Anyone Have Tinnitus Due to Allergies?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Adriel93, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      Today was the 4th time that I’ve visited my ENT because I’ve been getting spikes in my tinnitus, and also fullness/pain. He keeps telling me everything is due to my allergies and my ETD. Does anyone else have this issue?

2. tomytl
      Grumpy

tomytl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10 Years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi, yes...my allergies does worsen T and pressure in the ear. It's always terrible during winter time in heated rooms.
      My T goes very high, about 10khz
      Sometimes inhalation or siem salt water "nosewash" can help a little...
      It's very very nerve killing always this pressure in the ear.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I have to take fexofenadine 120mg and a nose spray every day due to cronic rhinitis and allergies and sever asthmatic.
      Love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @tomytl YESSS, I live in Chicago, and ever since the winter started I’ve been getting more T spikes and my allergies have also been acting up. I’ve been getting allergy shots ever since April and my ENT told me that once I’ll get immune to my allergies, that my T will go down. But it’s almost been a year and I don’t notice any difference.

@glynis where can I get that? Does it help out with your t?

5. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @glynis do you notice a change in your T from fexofenadine?

7. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Adriel93
      Not much but I have Menieres Disease and the cause of my tinnitus.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
    9. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      What are your allergies? I recently underwent allergy testing and was surprised by the number and severity of my indoor and outdoor allergies. My allergist was aware that I have tinnitus and immediately told me that my allergies flaring up would likely make it louder. I’m allergic to dust, mold, cats, some plants, and pretty much every type of tree and grass.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @Tinker Bell im allergic to almost everything as well lol Molds and dust are the worst for me though.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @Tinker Bell but if I’m exposed to mold or dust, my T acts up. Are you taking allergy shots?

12. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      No. I was taking Flonase and Claritin for a month. Now a break before my spring allergies hit.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Adriel93

Adriel93 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/22/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Allergies
      @Tinker Bell yea that’s exactly what I take on top of my allergy shots

14. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      @Adriel93 I finished my allergy test today and I'm also allergic to just about everything. Right arm looks like it was attacked by mosquito's. I'm going to start the immunization process once the dr creates my special allergy shot cocktail. Hopefully a couple of weeks.

I was given sample packs of Allegra, which has 180mg of fexofenadine in it if you're still looking for it. Also given Xyzal Allergy. I hadn't heard of this but the nurse I was working with highly recommended it.

15. foliefortuna
      Sweet tooth

foliefortuna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ Disorder
      Do you have fluid behind your eardrum because that can cause ear pain and tinnitus. Steroids (like prednisone) help clear that up.

• Like Like x 1
    16. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      Here's my Public Safety Announcement regarding allergy shots -- I went to the allergist today for an immunization rush where they give you a bunch of shots in one sitting to help speed up my allergy tolerance. I've been getting shots for just under a month now, going 2 times a week. Today I ended up getting a total of 33 shots (16 right arm, 17 left arm) over the course of 5 or so hours, per the immunization rush procedure set by the allergy office. Really no big deal throughout most of the shots. While I waited the 30 or so minutes for my next round of shots I'd knock out paperwork or surf the internet. That all changed at the very end as I was wrapping up for the day... I started to notice my eyes itching slightly after the 2nd to last round of shots, but didn't think anything of it and was looking forward to getting the process over for the day. Well, the last grouping of shots put me past the point of no return and I had a bad allergic reaction with breathing issues, dizziness, hives all over my body, and chest pain. Oh yea, the tinnitus in my left ear was screaming! If you're keeping track of my shots total, the extra shot in the left arm was an epipen from the Dr as I was about to pass out. I was also given Benadryl and an inhaler and monitored closely. The Dr said everyone responds differently to the immunization rush shots, so please don't use my wild experience and not get shots because of what happened to me. The point I'm trying to make is listen to your body. The body will usually give you subtle hints before it's too late, and also when you've gone too far, as I did today. I'll do anything to get rid of tinnitus, including further damage to it apparently.

It's over 5 hours later and I feel like I have the flu with muscle aches and nausea. Arms are swollen and painful. Tinnitus is loud but nowhere near as loud as earlier. I hate tinnitus.

17. erinkath

erinkath Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      trauma after wildfires crisis
      Hi there -

I'm a newbie here & so 'was glad to see this post today! I ended up getting tinnitus while in evacuation from CA wildfires as I stuck for ages it seems amidst shabby evacuation spots. ...I ended up exposed to places that were full of heavy dust + mold.

Then once situated in a more normal setup; I couldn't get back on track to plug back into friend circles as my tinnitus was so severe that it was impossible to interact in my formerly active way ...so all once near to me "jumped ship".

Consequently, with social & even once close friends moving on, I thus now also have isolation ... besides having FEMA tell me oops-they ran out of support/rebuild $ for my case-vicinity.

Anyhow, fact is my allergic reaction hasn't improved yet. Yet, I hope yours & many others here can find ways to improve ones health ... as this T-thing is definitely no fun.

At least, it is nice to get people's insights & support here. I finally can tune in & feel an actual supportive network once more!

...Again, 'hope all (besides myself) can keep building immune system & become more resistance to allergic reactions that cause spikes, etc..

And thanks for all of your open-ness, so there is finally a way to again get a connect-to-real-people interaction & a way to learn & get healthier through mutually support...

• Hug Hug x 1
    18. erinkath

erinkath Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      trauma after wildfires crisis
      p.s. oh & please excuse the various rough parts of that post above as it was jotted down quickly ... for instance @ the end 'meant to write "mutual support" - not, duh, "mutually support" ...thanks!