Are Weekends the Worst?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      For some reason I feel that weekends are the worst for anxiety related tinnitus symptoms. I don't have pre-set schedule, I have more time in general to focus on my tinnitus symptoms, read articles on sites like TinnitusTalk, and just in general worry about the future.

Anyone feels the same?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Dude, I woke up today and I was like well i wasted my whole life. I read these success stories and everything, but every T is so different. I am 2 months in and no improvement whatsoever, some days (weekdays) i feel much better when it comes to T, but when weekend comes and when I see people enjoying life it makes me sad.

Every morning is difficult for me when i wake up, I am like man i have to endure this my entire life. Sundays are the worst days because when i see how people enjoy their life and how i suffer it makes me sad. Life before T was life, Life after T is mere survival.

3. meeb
      Sad

meeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud clubs initially, now louder due to noise & vibrations.
      Survival and just existing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      Weekends are better for me, better distractions with my family home.

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Doing nothing, is just not good. It's not just weekends, it can be any day. You have to have a plan, do something or else you can just think and overthink. This impacts tinnitus and other areas of life. Get out and do something that is safe for your tinnitus and just makes you feel good.

Distraction is HUGE when it comes to tinnitus and just living a healthy life.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    6. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      What if I just want to relax and daydream? Is the only option distraction? Those two things are what I really need in my life as a person limited by chronic pain. And as a person who sees creativity as the center of her life.

7. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      This is so true. I am taking baby steps to change my behavior, and do more. So far, not much improvement yet, but I have done a few things this weekend, and eventually I'll get better. Thank you for the encouragement and help, it's highly appreciated.

8. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I have full blown fibromyalgia (chronic pain 24 7 from head to toe). If you are not an over-thinker then sure, relax and do what you enjoy. I am an over-thinker and I need to do something and just not think and just DO :)

Getting out, seeing nature, the birds and something that can be safe and up-lifiting is a very helpful. People are different and I share my own views and I hope to be helpful....that's all :)

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1