Auricularia (Wood Ear Mushroom)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by John_415, Feb 28, 2018.

1. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Has anyone tried the Auricularia (wood ear mushroom)? I have not found any posts on it on this forum.

What I found online about this mushroom is the following:
      - It's a natural blood thinner and decreases inflammation, source:
      https://www.vitalpilze.de/vitalpilz/auricularia (you can translate this page to English).
      - It has anticoagulant effects, source:
      http://www.thrombosisresearch.com/action/showFullTextImages?pii=S0049-3848(03)00550-4
      - A long text with lots of information concluding that little research has been done on this mushroom, source:
      http://www.davidmoore.org.uk/Sec04_07.htm
      I see a lot of recipes online when searching for 'wood ear mushroom' and it's non-toxic I read. It's a very rare mushroom to find online but I recently found some Hanoju Bio Auricularia, so I'm thinking about giving it a try.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I have been trying out Auricularia, it has blood thinning effects.
      The taste is well drinkable with some lemonade.
      Im using this in combination with reishi for its blood oxigination effects.

Lots of shops selling the auricularia powder are sold on this product so its kinda rare.

• Like Like x 1
    3. mattryp
      Alienated

mattryp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma ~ Wedding Reception
      Good stuff man. I actually haven't heard of Auricularia, but have been drinking Lion's Mane / Reishi / Chaga tea. However, I read that Chaga and Reishi are high in oxalates (much higher in Chaga), so my Lion's Mane ratio is higher than the other two. Too many oxalates in your system can apparently increase your risk of kidney stones, and that's the last thing I need to deal with right now. But lots of things are high in oxalates, like spinach, beets, dark chocolate, so as long as I stay hydrated, I'll be okay.

The next on my list to experiment with is Agarikon, which is also apparently more rare. But I think that in regards to what we're trying to accomplish, Lion's Mane is the all star.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      John_415

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hey, It works like asprin I guess, it thins the blood to increase blood flow. I do have to say that if I get a cut, it does bleed more then usual so I would not recommend high dosages.
      I read a lot on reishi and read that its very safe in long term usage. Oxalates? I have heard something about it not being good for you if you eat only tons of spinach all day, I try to vary my intake of veggies so.. I really don't think my mushroom intake makes much of a difference. What is 2 scoops of reishi anyway compared to 400gr of spinach I sometimes eat in one sitting?
      I just bought Chaga, I am wondering about the effects of that mushroom, I hear it tastes like vanilla, good for my morning smoothy I guess.

Agarikon? I searched for it online but can't find any shops in my country selling that, I read good things about it thow, do tell if it does something for you, I might get it on ebay or something cause it sounds interessting.

Lion's mane sure has a lot of promise, Im gonna take that for a long while and see what that does.
      You might buy it fresh also, I got like 1kg a while ago, but its kinda hard to prepair and if you bake it for long enough... almost nothing is left afterward. 1KG of fresh Lion's mane baked would be good for one meal I think. The powder is way better I think, and I can see why people might have strong reactions to that since the raw mushroom is like 95% water or something.

A non mushroom I just tried is CBD oil. I got a tiny bottle for a discount. The effects of using this are very instantanious, my backpain was gone plus I felt awake like I just drank coffee but differently.. allas it did not do anything for my T at the moment. Still really interessting stuff I think.

• Like Like x 1