B12 Shots Increasing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zwraven, Aug 9, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Auditory Nerve Damage
      I just had my first B12 Shot today and it has tripled my unilateral (left ear) Tinnitus volume, so far no Hyperacusis pain. Has anyone had this when starting B12 injections and did it get better as treatment went on? I read somewhere B12 can make certain things worse before it starts helping. This is do to it repairing nerves. Please help! Thank you.

2. ChrisJ

ChrisJ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      PT since 1988. T with H since June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been having 1mg B12 injections once a week for 9 weeks now. I have noticed no difference in my T or H one way or another. How many have they got you down for? Have you tried doing the sublingual tablets as an alternative? Solgar make 1mg tablets, if you try one of those you can work out if it's the vitimin or just the injection that's spiking your T.

Hope you get better soon.

3. Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have not, I am down for 1 a week for a month, then every 2 weeks then once a month Yada Yada. I'm just gonna keep taking it, if it doesn't get better and becomes unbearably worse, I'll try the subs, those are expensive though. My T and H (along with facial pain) are a result of nerve damage from shingles, and I know B12 repairs nerves or what not. I'm taking this because my level was 209 and I was having numbness and tingling. Grin and bear it I suppose.

4. DebInAustralia

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      Lipoic acid also helps with nerve repair as it is used for diabetic neuropathy (i have used it to overcome gastoparesis secondary to vagal nerve involvement from years of an ED)

5. Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks I'll check that out!

6. Kane Moffat
      Badass

Kane Moffat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Yeah, your Tinnitus may in fact incease in noise as your nerves regenerate. Its a good sign.

7. Zwraven

Zwraven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So it will even out in the long run then? Just something I need to power through? Thanks