Back in Hell — Garden Party Made Hearing Loss and Tinnitus Worse

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeremy06, Oct 5, 2018.

1. jeremy06
      Bored

jeremy06 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma habituation worsening 5/04/2016
      Hello. I was doing “great“ for 1 year.

But like every time, one mistake and I have to pay the price.

I went to a garden party. I got drunk. I forget about all this crap, earplugs were in my pocket, earmuff on the table, and I was on the dance floor.

It's a win win. More hearing loss (left side now), tinnitus aggravated on both sides.

I took prednisone (80mg for 2 days, 60mg for 2 days) after but...

It has been 10 days now. I started prednisone again today, 80 mg, should I continue or is it too late to have any effect??

All the bad thoughts are back.
      I'm crying all day long. I just control myself when someone is around (wife, son...)

I just want to let them be!
      This is too heavy for me and I don't want to put weight on them again!

During my 2nd relapse, he was a baby, he couldn’t understand, but now he s a really smart and full of joy little boy, I cannot let him feel all this darkness.

Since the first onset my life really changed. I'm not me anymore.

I'm a scared guy now. I used to have confidence.
      My little boy is the only reason I keep trying to go on.
      But for now I just keep reading to find solutions but as we all know there’s nothing!

Sorry for my bad English
      Jeremy

152726C4-EA7D-491A-9E98-5DC43EB018D4.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      There is still a considerable chance that this spike is only temporary. If it doesn't begin fading within three months, that's when it makes sense to start getting worried about it staying. For now just try to ride it out.

But I hope that you won't make this mistake again. I read a post recently where someone had experienced what you had just experienced, 14 years after his tinnitus had faded to manageable levels. To me this means that many of us won't be able to handle any loudish noises that the healthy people won't even notice. Thank you for sharing your experiences...

Unfortunately, I have no idea whether it is a good idea to take prednisone. Some sources say that it is helpful for a month after the noise exposure. Other sources say that it is only helpful during the first couple of days and that it is not completely safe. On one hand, it makes sense to pull out all stops and do everything that has even a small chance of helping. On the other hand you could be increasing your risk for other health conditions for no reason. It is a tough one. Also keep in mind that if you have a limited number of Prednisone pills, you might hold onto your pills in case you need to use them later.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      jeremy06
      Bored

jeremy06 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma habituation worsening 5/04/2016
      Hello bill

My number of pills are not limited. I can get it without any problems.

I have lot of ENTs in my family, they would just tell me to don't take too much!

For sure I'm not able to handle sounds like healthy people do! I know it since the beginning of this nightmare.

I protect myself from everything that is predictable but life is not predictable, mistakes happen and will happen again!

Even if I manage out of this for the 3rd time, I know I will be back soon or later!

I have this knife up of my head ready to...

So I stop living to protect a life that I don't want or start to forget about the knife, taking the risk of cutting, maybe killing me.

• Creative Creative x 1
    4. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      Listen Tinnitus Talk friend, tinnitus is hard on all of us, it's a rollercoaster of hell that doesn't stop. Some of us have good ideas of what works for them, but for some it's a wild crap shoot. And your knifeology isn't it. Regroup yourself, take little steps to a better living.

• Agree Agree x 1