Back to Silence

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by I who love music, Dec 7, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Hi
      You can easily turn your wishes into action.
      Hang in there.
      - Terry

• Like Like x 2
    2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      After a couple years of doing the method, I believe I've hit my best time now. It may get even better, but for now, I'm fine with hearing my T only once every couple weeks.
      Is it loud? Yup.
      Do I hear it? Nope.

• Like Like x 5
    3. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      @I who love music Do you not hear it even when you are about to go to sleep? I use masking sounds but it becomes so loud in my head at bedtime.

4. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I used to but not now.

• Like Like x 2
    5. jacob21
      Amazed

jacob21 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2008 > 2009 "cured" >2nd onset June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induce ( loud music )
      Hi All

I am tinnitus suffer since 2008 (8yrs). Noise induce hl
      The first 12 month was the worse part of my entire life . Was so deseperate , depressed , no sleep etc . Tried everything to find some relief : benzo, ssri, accuponc, osteo , am101 etc.. Nothing worked except the benzo a bit.
      One day i woke up and decided My T won t be a problem anymore and i must have my life back .was not easy , the first month was a battle . But i got my life back for 7 years ... Went to work and stop measuring my T .
      What helped me is an hearing aid with white noise and white noise inly during the night. Come off all medications .

For all new suffers , i guarantie you ll be better over time . But protect you ears in loud places

Until last june 15 i never complained about my T even if it was there...i was just part of my life . Some good and bad days .
      During those 6/7 years I became confident and thought the T can t getting worse . I was bad advised .Big mistake . Went to clubbing , concert etc..with some ear plugs but not the good ears plugs .however The T remained stable for 7 years. So i was confident . But until last June 15 . When i Was sitting on my desk the volume increased and frequency change to the highers 11-12kz vs 6 kz , so much that now i can t even mask it .
      I blamed myself not to have protected my ears with perfect ears plugs .
      I know by experience we can habituate and put all put bad emotions fare away the T but I am now kind of traumatised and afraid about this situation which remind me the 12 worse month of my life.

@ iwholovemusic , what you are doing here is great . You are a very good person .

I read the entirely 40 pages and watched your video.

I have decided to apply your BTS methode . I hope I will come back in few weeks / months with a success story again

Bless you all

• Like Like x 4
    6. Ear1

Ear1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown now have SSHL

7. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If you can't hear it I wonder how you feel like you can assess its loudness. Maybe you meant to say: "Does it bother me? Nope".

8. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      This is my first post. My T is noise induced.

I've had it for 7 weeks. It is completely miserable.

The thought that this will continue for the rest of my life is gut wrenching. The last two weeks especially have been an emotional roller coaster.

I found this post 3 nights ago and it may have saved my life. This thread should be the default post when visitors come to tinnitustalk.

I have only been using this method for 3 short days, but they have been some of the best 3 days of my life and I had to post a thank you. Thank you to everyone in this forum who posted, I read them all, and they all had some effect on me. Thank you @Iwholovemusic, you may not have created this little wonder on your own, but it is because of you that I am aware of it. You gave me new life. And that's not an understatement. I am determined to beat this affliction.

It's harmless. I am busy. I feel annoyed, but I am busy. I feel annoyed, but I am happy.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    9. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      It sounds like you already HAVE beat it.
      I always say, It gets easier.

• Like Like x 2
    10. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      It sounds like you're on the right track.

• Like Like x 1
    11. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      It's there if I think about it.
      Otherwise, I don't hear it.

• Like Like x 2
    12. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      What method did u use?

13. Raggs
      Amazed

Raggs Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Hey everyone..here's an update....I'm have many, many, many, MANY long ok moments!
      but..I did go to my doctor's and she put me on anti-anxiety medicine..so either I'm just calmer now..or
      it has helped the noise lessen..which she said might happen...so maybe placebo? Who knows..but I'll take it!
      I think this method initially helped my brain re-wire, and now time has helped...almost 20 months now.

• Like Like x 1
    14. coffee_girl
      Doubtful

coffee_girl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Op, has your t gotten worse over the years in frequency or has it stayed the same? Thanks for the tips :)

15. Matsik

Matsik Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, small question. In this period I can't really help but think about T all the time. I am trying hard to cope but lately I feel obsessed by it. I will try your method and have hope in it. I am really glad to hear it was succesful for you, but: how much time do I have to spend writing? Because if I am always thinking about it I should be writing 'I hear it' all day long. How much should I write about it? Thx

16. Emmi
      Not amused

Emmi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      @I who love music

Thank you for posting this method, really! Could you tell me how long you had to practice in order to have the first silent episodes? And can you sit in a silent room now without hearing your T? Thank you very much!

17. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Frequencies and volume have changed through the years.
      Bad spike a few years ago but better now. Still T has worsened since onset in 74.
      Don't hear it these days.

• Like Like x 2
    18. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I think a couple months in and I woke to silence one morning.

• Like Like x 1
    19. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Good question. When I started, My T was there ALL the time, and loud. I knew I couldn't spend every waking minute writing, so I make my pencil marks when the T really aggrivated me. And it worked.

• Like Like x 2
    20. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      @I who love music , do you have hearing loss? And if yes is it severe?
      And do you think people with hearing loss with T can benefit from your treatment?

• Like Like x 1
    21. DebInAustralia

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      Terry does have hearing loss. I think he mentioned he sustained auditory damage from music and loud cars so yes people with hearing loss can achieve habituation via this method i think.

• Like Like x 2
    22. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      I have very high frequency loss, worse in R ear. I don't notice it in everyday life.

23. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      I have had to habituate three times. Now its really loud. Really loud. I wonder does sugar cause any spikes for you folks? The night time and sugar are really doing a number on me. Obviously no more sugar for me. Another weird fact, we stop eating salt. We need iodine, if you dont get iodine guess what the result is? Tinnitus. Everything about this hideous illness is maddening. Tomorrow Im trying medical leaches in Scottsdale AZ. Its hard to habituate only to have more spikes. Has anyone here had some luch with notching their t frequency? I think T has to do with the whole body and the nervous system out of control. Love to my brothers and sisters.

24. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Sugar definitely spikes my T. I don't eat or drink anything sugary after 5pm or I'm going to find it hard to sleep that night noisewise.
      Salt is another matter. I went off salt for a number of months and think it led to muscle twitches all over my body. I now take as much salt as I desire without any ill effects.

25. Kurt B
      Tolerant

Kurt B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dizzy from a amusement Rides, Headache, Pain around ears
      Hi I who Love Music, I'm new to this and want to thank you so much for your help. Can you help me with sleeping techniques ?

26. davidchampoux
      Innocent

davidchampoux Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral?
      Hi Kurt,

What I found that helped me (who love music too) is to get the most possible comfortable bed and pillow, then I use an iPhone application named 'White Noise', which is full of nature sounds, rivers or other water sounds, wind, fire, etc (you can tweak you own mixes). I listen to that at low volume with some comfortable earphones (the stock Apple earbuds are ok for me). Sometimes, I also read a book, nothing too complicated. Try to sleep in a cool room never too hot.

When I have a spike, I set my iPhone on a local radio station with narrative programs, and put the volume at very low level, just enough to barely understand the words. I sometimes use only 1 earphone, in the worst ear. I think that helps my brain to focus on the voice rather that on the tinnitus spike and it helps me to get back to sleep...

These are few tricks that helped me. Good luck and try to relax!

• Like Like x 1
    27. Kurt B
      Tolerant

Kurt B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dizzy from a amusement Rides, Headache, Pain around ears
      Thanks David, I have a 8 hour Deep sleep sounds I have been using to help with sleep. I will look up the Iphone app white noise. Not Measuring the T helps for sure. I'm going to need to work at this for a wile.

• Like Like x 1
    28. Emz96
      Frustrated

Emz96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      listening to loud msuic on bus it finally caught up with me
      I feel EXACTLY how he felt checking my tinnitus everyday, thinking about it I AM OBSESSED!! I want it to stop but that isn`t going to happen UNLESS I change my old habits I am currently going through a tinnitus spike today is the third day and I hear it and I feel hopeless, angry, sad, and frustrated! Hopefully this will work out for me wish my luck guys I wish you guys luck too!

• Hug Hug x 1
    29. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Hey, keep at it. I don't think you're obsessed. I just think you've developed a habit. I bet you can break the habit too.
      Hang in there, keep your pencil sharp.
      Terry

• Like Like x 1
    30. Phil-O

Phil-O Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2015
      Happy New Year @I who love music. Thanks for 'Back to Silence' Best Wishes Phil