Baclofen for Ear Spasms

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gin, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Gin
      Alienated

Gin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      So along with the tinnitus, I developed this lovely little thing of ear spasms. I had originally been diagnosed with Meniere's about two years ago.

But since I have had some more recent symptoms, ms is being suspected. Or possibly intracranial hypertension. So wonderful.

Anyway, me neurologist had prescribed Baclofen for the ear spasms (I guess that is what is it. It is a physically feeling of drumming along side the ear. I can physically feel it move). Driving me bananas. I usually only get it maybe every other day or so. Usually in the mornings. It will usually stay for about five to ten minutes.

Anyway, its been going on for about an hour this morning. And of course, I'm at work, stressful job doing accounting 45 hrs a week.

So just curious if anyone else has had ear spasms or luck with Baclofen. So far I haven't noticed any good results. Just makes me tired. My hyperacusis is horrible today and plugged ears. Tired of crying just pissed now. Ha.

• Like Like x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Gin,
      Hope the medication helps you.
      Please let us know how you get on.
      Keep your chin up duck...
      Love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    3. Tarek Eisa

Tarek Eisa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes I had anxiety with some dizzy and bilateral tinnitus. It worked for me and it makes my tinnitus lower than usual for a limited time.