Bad Choice: Moving Jaw to Change Intensity and Pitch of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hardwell, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Hardwell

Hardwell Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/10/2015
      My T spike today seeme to be settling or at least it seemed that way, I'd been enjoying periods of time where I wasn't really noticing it today which is great.

But then I decided to play a tinnitus orchestra in my head.. By this I mean moving my jaw in certain positions to change the insensitiy and pitch.

All of a sudden my ears just felt stuffy kind of like I had ear buds in them and now my T has increased to a raging 10!!

I'm trying my hardest not to run head first into a wall

2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      Just give it a little time man it will go down again ....best thing is not to work yourself up I know its hard when T is screaming at you but you really need to try to stay calm and it will go back to baseline.
      hang in there

Carlos

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hardwell

Tinnitus Since:
      27/10/2015
      @Carlos1 thankyou dude remaining calm is what I needed to do. It's now returned to a 3-4 which is good.

This has kind of heightened my supposition that my T may be TMJ related, thanks again Carlos

Callum,

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hardwell,
      Sounds like you have inflamed your jaw joint...soft food for 48 hours and no yawning and over biting food like apples.....
      Relax and stay calm and no head banging walls...listen to your tinnitus mum...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. Bertman
      No Mood

Bertman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I don't have T from TMJ and I can increase my T from clenching my jaw, I think most can. But it still could very well be the cause for you. Hope it gets better for ya!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hardwell

Tinnitus Since:
      27/10/2015
      The soft food diet for 48 hours I can cope with, but I work 7 days a week so the no yawning is going to be a hard one @glynis

'Tinnitus mum' I like the sound of that, which is ironic seeing as I don't like much sound since T hahah

@Bertman this isn't the only thing I'm basing my TMJ suspsition on, just before I got T I started grinding my teeth at night, I can also remember waking up some morning not being able to open my jaw and being in severe pain with it. I can also clunk my jaw at will

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      this may be because neuromusclar sensory pathways are over-expressed in the DCN following an acoustic trauma which results in a lack of expression of auditory pathways:
      "The Neural Bases and Neuroengineering of...

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      It is good that people are researching this. Hair cell regeneration seems to be the holy grail of hearing research but it might not even be what we need. It would seem easier to me to repair ribbon synapse than regenerate hair cells.

9. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      You sound like the clearest casee on TMJD Induced T.
      Listen to you T mum. Congratulations, @glynis.
      The ear stuffyness is a known effect of TMJ problems.
      Don't play with your TMJ anymore, it's dangerous. You have to do this opposite, to put it to rest and protect it.

• Like Like x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hardwell

Tinnitus Since:
      27/10/2015
      @Dana i should probably contact my dentist asap and get this fixed then, would be great if I could get rid of this T or lessen it at least

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Not in my opinion, if you care about it. Dentists (actually maxillar surgeons treat TMJD, not regular dentists) can ruin your joint further. I heard so many cases of people who went to treat their TMJ and got worse from "jaw manipulations" and even mouth guards, even on this forum.
      Try first to follow what @glynis said, soft foods and no yawning and forcing your jaw, and if you are grinding your teeth at night and wake up not being able to open your mouth and with pain (what more proofs do you need to be convinced that you have TMJD, those are the very signs of this condition), just take some sedatives in the evening, that will insure a relaxed sleep, without the teeth grinding until your jaw muscles get stiff and painful.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I am under a maxilliofacial consultant for jaw problems from 34 years ago .
      Should have gone today but it got cancelled as he was bad .
      Ask your dentist refur you too....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hardwell

Tinnitus Since:
      27/10/2015
      Luckily it's very rare that I wake up with the jaw pain, but I'll take both Glynis's advice and see how that improves the situation @Dana

@glynis I will be sure to contact one on my own accord or via the dentist

Thank you guys

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. Rebelonthelake

Rebelonthelake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At your apparent age I wonder if it could be air pressure imbalance caused by eustachian tube problems. May be temporary.