Bad Night — Ringing Louder Than Normal

Discussion in 'Support' started by garywi, Mar 4, 2017.

1. garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey Friends, last night was the first night in my two month journey with T in that it was louder and woke me up at 3am and I struggled to get back to sleep. Usually, when my ringing (in one ear) wakes me up, it settles down and I get to sleep. Having it not go down make me somewhat upset.

I don't know what I did that day if anything to cause the ringing to get louder. I am on a strict clean diet, higher in protein, but I did eat cookies 3 times that day and had more diet coke but all before noon.

I have two white noise generators and a ceiling fan running. I could not get back to sleep even with these running.

Any thoughts on how to cope and not have the mental anguish..

Thank you friends...

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Have you considered cutting out the diet soda? The sweeteners in those generally aren't good. I think aspartame is bad for tinnitus?

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I will cut back but I need a little jolt in the morning. I have not found a coffee that I like.

4. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Sink sounds or heat sounds do it for me....i dont suggest trying to block it out completely when tryi g to sleep. The advice many give is a lil below the volume of the T. I sometimes just blend the sounds together. I find when i wake up the T is always lower than what it was before i went to sleep. I have an app called white noise that lets me create my own sound loops. I suggest giving that a try.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      garywi

garywi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      when you play an app, what are you using for speakers and does it play all night without interruption..

6. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Yeah an app on my iphone...plays all nite man..doesnt have to be surround sound speakers...my iphone is literally my portable tinnitus device lol on a funny note thk god we are not living in the 70s lol