Bag Pop

Discussion in 'Support' started by josf3, Feb 8, 2017.

1. josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      Family memeber popped bag near me and tinnitus spiked. Very mad right now, is it the same as popping a balloon?? or do you think it could be less decibels?

2. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      No its not as loud as a balloon pop and most likely won't do any harm to you.

You should do something about your phonophobia. I mean, sounds like these occur in daily life and you can't really avoid them. It's unlikely to permanently worsen your T so stop worrying. Also tell your family members about your T, they might pay more attention to the noise they make.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      It sounded like a ballon pop though, it was pretty loud. After reading how many decibels a balloon pop is it made me concerned.

4. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Last spring i was at at a market and some kids popped balloons near me, did nothing to my t.

5. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      @josf3

I'm not entirely sure why a bag popping concerns you so much if you're convinced that L Citrulline caused/started your T? You stated in a previous thread that you'd had no noise trauma and was certain about L Citrulline being the cause.

If this is the case I'd go and speak to your Dr about booking an MRI to rule out any vascular issues.

What does your tinnitus sound like?

It's not a good idea to start down the path of fearing every sound around you. Believe me, I've been there I don't wanna go back.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      Because Ed now that I have tinnitus and learned about it, even if its not noise induced I fear that maybe loud sounds could make it worse and right now it has got worse from this stupid bag that popped, it was so quiet. Also my T reacts to sounds and it sounds like a heartbeat with ringing involved.

7. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That sounds like pulsatile tinnitus. You could actually have a form of objective tinnitus that a Dr may be able to hear with a stethoscope. I'd go and get yourself assessed if you haven't already. You could very well be treatable.

You're showing signs of anxiety which is normal when T is new. Don't let every knock and bang concern you though because it will do you no good. If you make yourself overly anxious you will feel worse. Trust me, you need to calm your thoughts and try to relax.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      josf3
      No Mood

josf3 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1-25-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      L citrulline
      I will book an appointment with an ent soon.

The very first day I got Tinnitus I stayed in a quiet room for most of the day lol but now Im good and not botherd by sounds, its just that a ballon pop scares me due to the reported decibel rating.

• Like Like x 1