Bee Venom Therapy (BVT) for Tinnitus & Hearing Loss

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Mo_Mo, May 14, 2015.

1. Mo_Mo

Mo_Mo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Started A Week After A Cold
      Has anyone tried Bee Venom therapy or has done any research on it? Apparently it helps with nerve cell regeneration.

"Although Bee Venom therapy is largely an unproven technique, about 50 U.S. physicians report good results using the substance to treat not only pain but arthritic conditions, multiple sclerosis, and other health woes. Other practitioners treat high blood pressure, asthma, hearing loss, and even premenstrual syndrome with Bee Venom."​

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      I don't know about bee venom, but I have been taking raw honey every day for about three months now. It has really helped a lot with aches and pains, and helped me get over a bout with bronchitis. Has it helped with tinnitus? I'm not sure; my tinnitus has been a lot calmer lately, but I've also been taking NAC (N-acetylcysteine) for several months, so it could be due to that.

However, I've become a believer in the use of raw honey for good health.

Has anyone else out there had success with honey, bee pollen, or bee venom, for tinnitus?

3. dieseldude

dieseldude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Well my personal experience a few days ago says this totally does work. For the first time ever this spring I have been feeding bees around my house. I made a few wooden feeders that they love. Anyway I have allowed them to crawl all over me unrestricted. And they send the scouts to come seek me out whenever the feeder runs dry. In a short period of time I have concluded that they have some special powers.

Two days ago for the first time ever one lightly stung me while I was feeding them. Somewhere right under or behind my right ear. I haven't been able to find a mark. But I had an instant reaction with good dose of pain.

Nevertheless, the next morning while on the pot it struck me. The fact that my right jaw was sore and my right ear wasn't ringing nearly as loud as normal. In fact, I couldn't tell if the ringing wasn't gone entirely due to the left bleeding over. But perhaps it could be gone. All of which tossed me into instant tears of joy right there once I realised the connection between the sting and the vastly reduced ringing.

These little creatures are really something else. Today I'm noticing that for whatever reason they seem to be keying on my right ear. I'm still searching for the sting mark which stunningly was made with surgical precision. I'm now debating holding one and forcing it to sting my left ear as well.

This is quite remarkable to say the least. I've watched them work on each others various physical issues. But to figure out mine and repair them is amazing! These little creatures are on a much higher order than I ever thought.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. PauloZ
      Alienated

PauloZ Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015, got much worse in 09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure, both times.
      Has anyone tried Bee Venom supplements?

I can order Bee Venom capsules and also Bee Venom ointment.

I might give it a try. It's not that expensive.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      @PauloZ, did you go ahead and try this?

6. PortugalTheMan
      Shocked

PortugalTheMan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety / Maybe years listening to music on headphones
      If this was true, scientists would have already made medicines with this poison.

7. OptimusPrimed
      Spaced

OptimusPrimed Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma - Repeated gun blasts
      Not really man, there are a ton of crayon eaters working in Science. Science is pretty stubborn to change and new ideas too. Or even accepting possibly helpful older ideas because they determined in the 60s that they were not valid.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      There's a lot of bad science out there that makes it to publication.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Gregory

Gregory Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It's sad that we denigrate insects due to their size differences. I believe many of them operate at a much higher level of consciousness than we give them credit for. Our loss; unfortunately...

I wonder what the mechanism is for the bee venom to actually work on curing or reducing the tinnitus symptoms...