Been Gone Awhile, Not a Success Story

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hotaru, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      Some of you may know me as Hotaru. I've had tinnitus for 6.5 months now. Whether it was caused by the ear infection or the coming off anxiety medication has not been confirmed. It hasn't gotten better. It's still there.

I tried the AM-101 trial, most likely didn't get the real thing. I tried acupuncture, supplements, nothing.

I got so desperate I contacted "magic users" through spell sites and the like. I never believed in that stuff before, but since I had no other option, I looked into it. I paid four different healers; one even convinced me to give him my bank info. All that cost me about $4,000, including buying herbs from John of God, who is supposed to be the greatest healer in the world. Again, nothing. I fell for it.

Other health problems plague me: TMJ, bladder pain, and depression caused by these things. I went to the dentist two months ago, and she told me I had eight cavities. I don't understand how that could've happened. That broke me completely. I cried for a day until my parents called a suicide hotline and forced me to go to useless therapy and take depression meds that aren't working. Unless they can erase the ringing in my ears, I will not be okay.

I'm suicidal but yet can't find the courage to do it. I ask "God" for death everyday. I didn't deserve this. None of us do. I took great care of my ears and hearing. I was a good person before this. But now that I know this happens to people, I no longer see positives. I'm an empty shell, and unless the T goes away completely, there's no hope for me.

This disease should be taken seriously. There should be a cure by now. There is nothing worse than ringing in your skull. Why isn't there a cure? It makes no sense.

• Hug Hug x 8
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      There is no cure for this because of habituation and freaking hearing aids companies.

They don't care about us buddy. I feel your pain.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Nonna
      Moonlighting

Nonna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/17/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      guess
      I never wanted to take any benzos. Just taking the benzos ruin all my happiness. It does make the noise a little easier to stand, sometimes or most of the time. Still my personality is gone. Good you at least have your parents. What I would give for a caring parent.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Boy Helios

Boy Helios Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Try EGb761 Ginkgo.

Also try HBOT.

It might not cure you completely since you're 6 months out, but it will make it better I think.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about your suffering. Don't lose heart. You are in this for 6 months. Many people with bad T take a year to 4 years to get better. Two famous T mentors, Kevin Hogan and Paul Tobey who wrote about their journey to recovery and they took a few years. Dr. Nagler is known to have to leave his medical practice for a year or two, and he also stated even with TRT, it can take up to 18 months to get better. A few years back I was hit with severe T & H and it took me about 2 years to see some stability but still with many setbacks, and I had to depend on drugs just to survive for the first 6 months. So don't push yourself too hard for a cure or recovery. Try to focus on the positives of life and give them value. I mentioned two ladies who have been my guiding lights of living with bad T and yet keeping positive and proactive approach on life. They not just cope with their T but excel. Zoe and Medody taught me a lot how to survive T and move on with positivity. There is much beauty in life besides T. I learned my mistake. The 'all or nothing' thinking led me to disastrous suffering until I switch to positivity. Check out the stories of Zoe and Melody in my success story post. Hope you will find some motivation to soldier on life even living with T. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

Try masking and try to use natural supplement to help you calm and sleep better. If you stay calm and sleep better, T will feel less intrusive, and masking will help reduce anxiety which is bad for T. Try these natural alternatives such as Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search or check Amazon.com for each of them to know how people review these products, and see if you can take them as a supplement. You will be amazed a lot of high positive ratings there. Also check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/library/articles-on-herbs-and-health/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

• Like Like x 3
    6. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hello, I was wondering how you were doing since we began the trials around the same time.

I went through them, still struggling with T too at 6 months in. This condition is the worst!

Who was the faith healer that took your bank info? I'm sorry to hear about all that. That kind of thing makes me angry.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Elgringo32
      Depressed

Elgringo32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic traumatism
      @Hotaru Any news from your side.
      I hope you feel better.
      Do your had worsened T condition after AM101 ?
      I am quite with the same bad situation but it is clearly linked to post AM101 condition.
      All the best to you.
      Cheers