Best Earplugs for High-Frequency Sounds

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mr Guppy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Mr Guppy
      Batty

Mr Guppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi All,
      Is there a type of plug that works better for being around high pitched machines? I've been using soft pillow silicon (Macks) along with muffs.

Today I was wondering if just having the earplugs in causes a spike in and of itself. My ear is ringing like crazy and I was put to work in the quietest part of the plant, hardly any noise at all.

2. Simon Johns
      Blah

Simon Johns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/1979
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tonsillectomy
      Sounds like your pretty well protected with muffs and plugs. Did the plugs put pressure on your eardrums? How long do you wear them usually? Maybe this is causing the increased tinnitus.

Maybe asking your employer to get more-effective muffs would be better than better plugs, which if worn for too long might leave you with an ear infection if they get dirty.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mr Guppy
      Batty

Mr Guppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I don't think they put any pressure on my ear. I wear them for an 8 hr shift. I really don't want to quit this job but I'm afraid that the spike might become a new baseline if I work there the full two months.

4. Bazz

Bazz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      hey

ASC custom do good musicians ear plugs. Bit expensive but worth it i recon. If your working in industry then the foam ones i think are the best. I work in construction / woodwork myself and have some peltor M3 earmuffs. reduce noise by 32 db which is pretty good. Earplug are good as well but I find them a nuisance to her people with especially having to take them in and out.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mr Guppy
      Batty

Mr Guppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'll take a look thanks. If too pricey I might try the 33 db Hearos with the optime 95 Peltor muffs which I learned are mediocre, but one would think that Macks silicon with the muffs would be fine for a medium noise plant. I'm not working around jets or anything. Just the Macks alone gave me enough protection at a very loud concert to not even get a mild spike. WTF is with this particular food plant???? Its not that loud.

6. adam2525
      Balanced

adam2525 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mr Guppy
      Batty

Mr Guppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Wow. That is awesome, thanks a bunch. I wonder why they didn't show up when I googled high freq plugs? Anyway, many thanks.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mr Guppy
      Batty

Mr Guppy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I'm officially going nuts. Just got the worst spike in months from working last night and I used 32 db reduction shotgun grade earplugs with a 22 db reduction set of muffs. I give up.