Bioflavonoids

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Shaun, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Shaun
      Tolerant

Shaun Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2014
      Hi I appreciate that bioflavonoids have been discussed before but I seem to be having some success with them.My t was bugging a me a few weeks ago I had some of these natures life's bioflavonoids in the cupboard So decided to take them since then (hope I don't jinx myself) my t has been super low not intrusive.Even after weight training it used to spike but now not nearly as bad.Placebo? Coincidence? Or they just work i do believe that the right positive approach is very important when dealing with t also the power of intention is crucial but these pills help.Got to be worth a try for ten pounds I got them from amazon
      ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I think fruits contain a lot of bioflavanoids so if one has a balanced diet I do not see how they would help. I would be careful with supplements because in long-term they may not be so good for the body after all. However even if its placebo its not bad at all...

3. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      How long after taking these did you feel relief?? I've been taking them for 3 weeks now and do not feel any different. :(

4. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      Well everyone's tinnitus might be caused by different things. And everyone reacts differently to certain things. When I first got tinnitus, my ENT gave me the product, "Lipoflavonoids". He said it doesn't work for him personally (he has tinnitus too) but he said about 1/5 of his patients swear by the stuff.

Because of the high cost of Lipoflavonoids (I took what he gave me), I decided to mimic it with bioflavonoids, vitamin C, and a B-complex, which turned out to be significantly cheaper than Lipoflavonoids. Unfortunately, after taking that concoction for months, it didn't seem to have any affect on me.

Retigabine seems to be helping some people, but others have reported no effect or not drastic affects. So everyone is different.

On the upside, my tinnitus right now is extremely quiet. I have to REALLY listen for it. I'm not sure what brought about the change, as I haven't started taking anything nor have I stopped taking anything. And it's not habituation either, because I'm actively trying to listen for it. I've had my tinnitus go away completely once, and hopefully it'll do it again.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. Mike L

Mike L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
    6. Aussie Lea
      Dramaqueen

Aussie Lea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      No bad side effects but they aren't really effective either. Same thing as eating fruit.

• Like Like x 1
    7. 2563Hz

2563Hz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I wish I knew. :(
      A friend bought a bottle of Lipo-Flavonoids Plus and gave it to me. Being very anti-snakeoil, I took it only to be nice to her. I'm beyond shocked to report that it works for me. It's not the placebo effect with me. For some reason I missed taking it for a day or two, then the housekeepers came and put the bottle out of sight and I totally forgot it. My tinnitus had gotten much better but I associated the improvement with that compound in no way whatsoever.

After a couple weeks, the tinnitus came roaring back with a vengeance. I was miserable with it for about week, constantly trying to figure out if I'd changed my diet or my underwear or anything that could explain the terrible return. I was lying in bed one night with my primary tone (2563 Hz) screaming like a banshee, when it finally dawned on me that I'd stopped taking the LF+. I resumed it, and within a week the tinnitus started easing a bit day by day. It's been about two weeks now and it's still getting quieter by the day. It's not gone, but it's slight enough not to make me miserable.

I just found a formulation on Amazon that's very similar and much cheaper so I'm gonna try that. It's the only alternative I found that had 600mg of the bioflavonoids like LF+; most of the alternatives only have about 25mg of that component.

• Like Like x 1
    8. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Okay, so here is a question. According to drugs.com https://www.drugs.com/mtm/bioflavonoids.html

"Bioflavonoids have been used in alternative medicine as an aid to enhance the action of vitamin C, to support blood circulation, as an antioxidant, and to treat allergies, viruses, or arthritis and other inflammatory conditions."

What if we used bioflavanoids with a two step time release Vitamin C? Basically, you have a larger dose of Vitamin C at once, and then the next phase of the pill is time release? Would that help? I believe too much vitamin C at once would give diarrhea.