Bionure Lead Compound BN201

Discussion in 'Research News' started by Michael Larsen, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Michael Larsen
      Surfing

Michael Larsen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noice
      http://www.bionure.com/news/bionure...its-lead-compound-bn201-in-the-united-kingdom

About BN201 and BN119

Bionure’s compounds BN201 and BN119 are two SGK agonists with remyelinating and neuroprotective activity. Bionure has developed BN201 for the treatment of rare ophthalmic indications associated with multiple sclerosis and expects to receive Clinical Trial Authorization for BN201 in the UK in Q2 2017. BN201 and BN119 could be useful in preventing and treating debilitating inner ear disorders, like sensorineural hearing loss.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      It seems a lot of bio tech are focused on repairing hearing loss and tinnitus an in early phase
      but once the hair cells are dead it's game-over.

The page did not mention hearing loss.

3. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      @Contrast you talk always like phase III is finished and the result published
      Are you a scientist with reserved information???
      Our hope is that, if something work for acute phase maybe it work for cronic phase or at least if something work for acute phase maybe we are starting to comprehend the illness!
      I can assure you that many drugs intended for acute phase have been proved to be effective for cronic or advanced state.
      There is no need to affirm that once an hair cell is dead there is nothing to do..... how can you explain that for many people this illness improve over time, myself included?
      State your affermation and give foundamentals specially regarding strong statement!
      Someone sensible could be affected

4. leledany

leledany Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-11-02
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I forget to mention that we even know if T is caused by hair cell death, stereociglia folded, supporting cell dead, fusiform cell, pathways cell death or brain iper-activity! At the point where we are evrything is possible!

• Funny Funny x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Some trials and reasearch talk about future drugs for hearing loss that protect hair cells after damage from dying.
      So it's safe to say that once the hair cells die these options won't be useful for anything but preservation the somewhat good hearing we have left.

Here's two examples
      Neurotrophin-3 for cochlear synaptic repair
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4842978/

upload_2018-6-21_22-23-25.png

Decibel Therapeutics recently announced drug canidate is for hearing preservation during high amounts of otoxicity which is obviously acute becauase it's not applied after chemo
      https://decibeltx.com/
      upload_2018-6-19_11-56-14-png.png

Usually I post information post sources to back it up, if i'm just speculating about a trial or saying something stupid in the MPP thread overly negative or positive I'll try to stop that.

6. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Any form of hearing loss triggers tinnitus, even temporary shifts caused by ear plugs or in silent chambers
      the auditory nerve lacks input in response to any form of hearing loss. Now let me show you a paper to show I'm not making this up.
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4208401/

unknown.png
      http://www.tinnitus.org/HB_Nov00.pdf
      A classical study from the 1950's induced temporary tinnitus on subjects in a silent chamber
      by depriving their audiotory nerve of input.

7. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      I missed one thing and I cannot edit comments after a 1 hour window.

There is a long therapeutic window for cochlear implants of a hopeful hypothetical way to repair the synapse entirely
      but NT-3 itself will most likely only repair damage after immediate noise exposure not permanent. Hopefully in the future they do learn from this and acute treatments lead to chronic treatments like you said. I hope the scientist do have reserved information that will shed more light of this

• Friendly Friendly x 1