Blast from the Past!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Danikam, May 27, 2018.

1. Danikam
      Happy

Danikam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy/unknown
      This is a post I made almost a year ago in another forum.

I am now 100% habituated and my success story is posted.

It's interesting to see the progression from total devastation to having my life back 100%

July, 2017

So I just wanted to share something positive.
      I have turned a corner it seems with T.

Since onset it's been a roller coaster of emotions. At first I truly believed I would never be happy again. I was in a constant state of fight or flight, cried every day, felt lost and hopeless. I slowly started to get better, the sound seemed to back off but with every spike big or small I seemed to start at square one again. Then I would have good days.....good weeks....I wasn't hearing it much...I would forget about it for huge chunks of time. I would feel so good about it then out of no where have a set back. It has been frustrating to say the least.
      Well my family just took a vacation to Michigan. We stayed with family on torch lake. I was really nervous because it would be my first time flying since T and I knew I would have to face something I have been dreading. See I grew up in Maine and loved the peace and quiet of the country. I know live in a city in AZ. I was scared that the T would ruin that experience for me...something I loved so much forever stolen.
      Well flying didn't have any effect on T...I didn't even wear ear plugs. Such a relief!!!
      And that peace in quiet in the country.....isn't really so quiet. I heard wind through the trees, birds singing, insect buzzing...cars softly passing by somewhere in the distance.....i hardly heard T and when I did I just didn't care!!!!!
      Really, it didn't bother me!!!!
      It was just another background noise, far off....my mind was so busy with the beauty around me, the peaceful sounds that my mind would quickly refocus.
      And now....it's like magic!!
      I just don't care anymore!
      I was told this would happen, I wanted it to happen and even fooled myself into thinking I was there a few times but this is different.
      I'm home now, t is still there but I don't really think about it much. It's a passing thought without reaction. I don't "hear" it because it's just not registering as a threat at all.
      Will this last?!?!
      I don't know, I may have another set back but not that I know I can get here I know I can again.
      I have T but is doesn't seem to have me anymore.
      I never believed the T veterans who told me I would be here....I always had hope though!

To all those still suffering, my thoughts are with you. I know the fear and sadness.

Please feel free to reach out to me or ask me any questions!!!!
      ❤️

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    2. David Dubros

David Dubros Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      So pleased for you.

I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would ever habituate to this racket, but like you, I have.

thanks for returning to share your story. I think its important that for anyone struggling to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel for many of us.

• Like x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Friendly x 1
      • Optimistic x 1
    4. zeroday
      Mellow

zeroday Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Driving Truck
      I have been habituated for 20+ years...good for you...

• Like Like x 1
    5. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Thanks for sharing this! This is great! :)

• Hug Hug x 1