Blowing Nose. Ruptured Eardrum?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tommurphy345, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hello guys it's been a while since I was on here and my tinnitus was okay until recently.

For a few days I have been dealing with the flu. Plenty of mucus.

1 night a go I blown my nose too hard and all of a sudden I lost hearing almost completely in my left ear I straight away felt dizzy and unable to concentrate until I sat down and started to hear ringing in my ear worse than ever. The same night I felt a water like substance fly out of my ear I also experimenced hot sweats and general unwell feeling.

A day later my hearing is slightly dim but the tinnitus is still there I can hear it over almost everything except pink noise before sleep. Also when the radio is on loud ish I can feel my ear drum crinkling.

Has anyone experienced this before? I went to the doctor he looked in my ear and said both ear drums are really red and one could be ruptured.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Can anyone help?

3. JSalvatore
      Studious

JSalvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      The doctor who told you that was an ENT? He didn't do anything to help your ears ?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      No he was a General practitioner I'm from the uk so it's hard to get a ENT unless I pay £60 for a checkup I concidering it though

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      if you think your eardrum might be ruptured then you definitely want to see an ear doctor.

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      A ruptured ear drum should heal by itself.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Is it normal to have such loud tinnitus though? The only place I can't hear it is in loud places such as a bowling ally and when I'm blasting music or playing pink noise.

I'm struggling to stay happy I'm miserable.

It's a high pitched static that randomly turns on really loud or stays there in the background always in my left ear.

Except yesterday it travelled to the middle of my head ? Then went to my left ear again

8. ChrisfromCanada
      Terrified

ChrisfromCanada Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection

I had an ear infection that ruptured my ear drum. About a week after, I woke up with a loud ringing in my ears that wouldn't go away and I lost my mind at times. Its been 12 days now and my tinnitus is still there but it fluctuates. I'm hoping that when the drum repairs itself the tinnitus will go away. I highly recommend you see an ent, i know its expensive but what good is your money if you're not happy and miserable. Stay on this forum, there is a lot of positive stories and you get good support from good people. All the best to you and good luck