Blowing Nose. Ruptured Eardrum?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tommurphy345, Jul 13, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Hello guys it's been a while since I was on here and my tinnitus was okay until recently.

For a few days I have been dealing with the flu. Plenty of mucus.

1 night a go I blown my nose too hard and all of a sudden I lost hearing almost completely in my left ear I straight away felt dizzy and unable to concentrate until I sat down and started to hear ringing in my ear worse than ever. The same night I felt a water like substance fly out of my ear I also experimenced hot sweats and general unwell feeling.

A day later my hearing is slightly dim but the tinnitus is still there I can hear it over almost everything except pink noise before sleep. Also when the radio is on loud ish I can feel my ear drum crinkling.

Has anyone experienced this before? I went to the doctor he looked in my ear and said both ear drums are really red and one could be ruptured.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Can anyone help?

3. JSalvatore
      Studious

JSalvatore Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2014
      The doctor who told you that was an ENT? He didn't do anything to help your ears ?

4. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      No he was a General practitioner I'm from the uk so it's hard to get a ENT unless I pay £60 for a checkup I concidering it though

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      if you think your eardrum might be ruptured then you definitely want to see an ear doctor.

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      A ruptured ear drum should heal by itself.

7. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Is it normal to have such loud tinnitus though? The only place I can't hear it is in loud places such as a bowling ally and when I'm blasting music or playing pink noise.

I'm struggling to stay happy I'm miserable.

It's a high pitched static that randomly turns on really loud or stays there in the background always in my left ear.

Except yesterday it travelled to the middle of my head ? Then went to my left ear again