Both Ears "Equally" Exposed, One Recovered, the Other Not?

Discussion in 'Support' started by JurgenG, Feb 22, 2017.

1. JurgenG
      Approved

JurgenG Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure / headphone accident maybe?
      Anyone encountered something like this?

Fact is that my hearing in my ear with almost no T is -worse- and than my ear with more T.

I do have to admit that I was on a party a week after a mild trauma, and occasionally opened my right earplug to talk.

Could this be the culprit, or what could be another reason? Or is this just the way the T-boat floats?

Cheers
      Jurgen

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @JurgenG
      Hi Jurgen,
      You haven't had tinnitus long. With noise trauma one can often experience muffled hearing as if they are under water and this comes and goes. However, the hearing loss that you describe will probably right itself but to be on the safe side, I recommend a referral to ENT so tests can be carried out on your auditory system. The ear is a delicate organ, any dizziness, balance problems, pain in the ears or significant hearing loss should be investigated as soon as possible.
      Michael

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JurgenG
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for your comment Michael.
      I've already been to two ENT's and both discovered a very small dip around 6 k in my GOOD ear. While my other still has T. The other symptoms, like vertigo were never here, or at least not very severe.

4. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Jurgen, If you notice a significant hearing loss and this doesn't improve I recommend you return to ENT for tests as I don't think it's something that should be left alone. You might need a hearing aid. I'm just saying might so don't be alarmed.

I advise you to start taking Avogel Gingko biloba. It is one of the best brands of Gingko and it's in tincture (liquid) form. 15 drops in water 3 times a day. I get mine from Amazon. Available in 100mls and 50mls bottles. It will improve your hearing and might reduce your tinnitus.

My tinnitus was caused by noise trauma Headphones. When I first got tinnitus 20 years a go a, doctor advised me to take GB. This was before I was seen at ENT. I knew my hearing wasn't what it used to be. By the time I was seen at ENT which was a six months wait, I was told by my consultant my hearing was above average. It has remained that way. I still take GB so I advise you to do the same. Please see your GP for a referral to ENT if your hearing doesn't equalize.
      Michael

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JurgenG
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Okay, was taking some ginkgo complex pills, but I just bought these A vogel drops as well. Can't hurt I guess!

6. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      You have to be careful Jurgen. Taking too much Ginkgo will thin the blood too much and cause nose bleeds. Finish the taking the pills then start the Avogel. Ginkgo biloba pills/tablets are not as good as the Avogel .
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      JurgenG
      Approved

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Okay, I will!
      Not trying to overdose anything, I am also taking perdisone, Magnesium, NAC and the multivitamine/bilboa thing, next to that eatings tons of goji berries and drinking antioxidant teas.

Another thing though: the ear with the most T feels a bit fuller than the other, and is more difficult to let it pop.
      Can this be a sign of anything?

8. Michael Leigh

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      The fullness that you feel in the ear is not unusual with noise trauma, I had it for months! However, we are all different. If I were you I would not pop my ears too often and I advise you to stop using Perdisidone as soon as possible as it can raise blood sugar levels and cause (diabetes)

I understand your concerns and ideally you want your ears to return to normal. I have met many people new to tinnitus, that take a proactive approach just as you are doing - Please don't do it. Slow down and take things easy. You will feel calmer and less stressed. Go out try to engage in everything as you did before the onset of tinnitus. It will get better but it takes time.
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1