Bothered By Tinnitus All Over Again... And a Question About Codeine

Discussion in 'Support' started by DebInAustralia, Jun 28, 2015.

1. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Sorry to bother you all,

But I am feeling anxious about my t again........

I thought I had habituated.......started taking paracetamol with codeine for severe pelvic pain the last 2 weeks, along with drinking vodka from time to time........a lot of late nights and plenty of emotional stress.......

Out of the blue yesterday, I noticed my t +seemed+ louder......along with noticing my right ear (mainly affected side) felt a little blocked/muffled. I have started taking NAC today and mag.

Today, I have been extremely aware of the noise, and have felt agitated all over again all day..........

Has anyone found a correlation between codeine and tinnitus? I have been taking a gram up to three times a day some days, and a little concerned that perhaps stopping it all of a sudden will worsen things?

I am hoping this is yet another glich. I had really reached a good place where I could honestly say I no longer cared about my t.

I care about my t again and im a little frightened about that.

thanks for listening.X

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Rube
      Fine

Rube Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud shit
      Hi @DebInAustralia it could just be a spike and will subside soon. Best to 'try' not to be anxious about it and let it run its course. I've been in the same boat and have had it subside shortly after I noticed the t seemed to annoy me more than usual. I dont know if there is a link with the codeine so it may be best to ask the dr. But I suspect You will soon find yourself not caring about it again!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Thanks Rube,

I have had spikes before. This doesn't feel like a typical spike.

I don't even know if its actually louder than usual or for some reason my brain is latching onto the sound and now I am bothered by it all over again. I am back to feeling frightened to lie in a quiet room, etc......its pathetic really!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Just an afterthought,

with regards to my tinnitus ramping up in volume,

I have been needing to take daily doses (therapeutic) for panadeine forte which contains paracetamol and codeine for the past 2 weeks.

My t started to bother me again last night.

is codeine likely to do this?

should I suddenly stop taking it or taper just in case it is the codeine?? im really anxious about it . I had just finished writing a post about not caring about my t a few days ago! grrr

5. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I can't answer your question regarding Codeine. However, I do know from experience that anxiety will exacerbate my Tinnitus. Especially if it's severe and sustained. If you feel that either cutting back or eliminating it will reduce your anxiety level, I would give it a try.

What's the worst thing that could happen if you did cut back on the Codeine?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I have stopped taking the codeine. But my t is still a bother

7. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016