Bow-on-a-Fiddle Pulsatile Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill Bauer, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Recently, after being in a car for over 6 hours (while wearing hearing protection), I noticed a new tinnitus tone. It was pulsatile tinnitus and it sounded like a bow torturing a fiddle - a "wow" sound at every heartbeat: "wow...wow...wow...wow...wow."

It is gone now, but it was certainly a scary experience.

Is that what pulsatile tinnitus sounds like? Has anyone experienced temporary pulsatile tinnitus under similar circumstances?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I have, but not under those circumstances, and it didn't sound like that at all. Mine was more like a thump in sync with the heart beat.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      i have as well, mine was also in sync with my heartbeat and it happened once when i was going to sleep, it was very odd, but happened only once for a minute or so when i was 2 months in

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am glad that it hasn't come back for you! Gives me hope that mine also won't be back.

5. lena_

lena_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      thank you, i hope yours will stay away too! i think that if our ears get hurt (in my case ot was an infection but i think that the cause doesn't even matter much) and all this middle ear area that such things can happen...i went through a phase when my ears were sensitive in strangest ways (not hyperacusis but things like this) and this happened, but really only once and lasted less than a minute

• Like Like x 1