Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Oct 5, 2012.

?

Have you had any success with Apple Cider Vinegar?

1. Yes, it lowered my tinnitus

2. It didn't make any difference to my tinnitus

3. No, it made my tinnitus worse

4. I have never tried it

5. It may have helped: uncertain

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar on Amazon.com

I am now trying this out for my dizziness/lightheadedness. It is also suggested for tinnitus. We'll see.

My eye doc told me it could be labrinthitis. Yuck. The VNG test on Monday may give me some insight on this.

I looked through some google search posts about people taking it for tinnitus.

1. Apple Cider Vinegar - Apple Cider Vinegar has been known for years to be one of the best natural remedies on the planet! Your grandmother knew what she was talking about when she suggested it to you! It has been known to cure some of the most persistent ailments known to man such as: high cholesterol, arthritis, gout, sore throat, even the flu! It is also a great natural cure for tinnitus! The great thing about it is that it can be found in your local grocery store!

You can't just drink apple cider vinegar, you have to dilute it or you will have great difficulty swallowing it! You put 2 teaspoons in about 8 ounces of water, and drink that 3 times a day.

2. Molan
      No Mood

Molan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Another excellent find Calin you are amazing!!

It's interesting because in my own personal research I'm beginning to find that the good bacteria within us seems to be far more important then I previously thought. Although I didn't find this apple cider vinegar idea like you as I lack your superior research skills!!

3. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      hi Calin - I've been using Devon apple cider vinegar as a salad dressing for years - ever since we found out that it helped with a whole host of ailments (I told my mum to use it for arthritis back then as well - not sure if she did tho!). We mix it with fresh lemon juice and a touch of honey and pour it over iceburg lettuce, raisins, almonds & the normal salady stuff. I buy non pasteurised from Bobbys because pasteurising and filtering removes the enzymes making it pretty useless. It's absolutely delicious & I have it at least 4 times a week (I've always found it weird that, being vinegar, it actually corrects acidity) but it didn't stop me getting T - unfortunately!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Thanks for your input Click and Molan.

I saw the ACV remedy every once in a while while doing my searches regarding tinnitus. However, when I got this other condition, the ACV kept jumping out at me! haha.

A friend recommended it the exact day I started taking the dosage. Weird. She even brought in the two books by Braggs that made ACV remedies popular for me to read.

I monitored my urine PH yesterday (when I started taking it) and to my surprise, the ph has stabilized to about 7.0 - 7.2.... excellent. Funny as it is acidic like and all.

Since we have different reasons for our tinnitus, some things may help others and some may not. Had to say.

I was always afraid of trying ACV as I worried about what it would to to tooth enamel.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Today is my second day. I am following the instruction on the Braggs bottle of ACV.

It's not too bad if you take a coffee cup full of mineral spring water and add stevia to the 2 tsp of ACV. I use a straw. Goes down easy and fast.

I feel good today!

6. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I am going to get some ACV tomorrow. actually I love the taste of vinegar mixed with olive oil that I put on my salads, so there will be no problem for me drinking two tsb. Thanks Catlin....

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Keep us posted about how you feel or if the T changes. I would expect it takes some time drinking the ACV before something happens... but you never know!!

Be sure to get the organic, unprocessed, raw kind

8. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Calin --- Is it working for you, for your dizziness?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Today I feel great. However, this feeling in my head comes and goes. It's like every other day. We will see what happens and how I feel tomorrow.

The initial dizziness was a one time thing that brought on this other feeling... hard to explain. I just don't turn my head quickly or make sudden moves when I am having that feeling. the feeling makes me very anxious.

I think I would go nuts if the T wasn't very low.

10. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      OK will do, if I can find it that way...

11. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gary, Be sure to get Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with "the mother". It tastes the best! "The mother" refers to a cloudy, cobwebby-like substance that you can see in the apple cider vinegar, that means it is well-aged and naturally fermented. You can find Bragg's at most health food stores, like the Vitamin Shoppe, or online.

Calin, I'm glad you're feeling better today, and hope the ACV continues to work for you. I've had some weird dizziness like that myself, but it seems to be gone now. I had some episodes of vertigo, which are really scary. A couple times, I experienced the unbalanced feeling after I turned my head too quickly; the dizziness stayed like that for a couple of days afterward. Thank goodness your T is low! Take care, and don't make any fast moves!!

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Woke up with that weird lightededness feeling much decreased. I actually am feeling more hungry. I think the Braggs may be doing it's thing. Yesterday it was about 75% better. I will see how the day goes on.

My T is a faint whisper right now. It was a bit stronger when I woke ( always is in the am until I get moving and on with my day).

I am taking 2 tsp 3x a day of the Braggs ACV. This will be my fourth day.

Taking emergen-C Vit C packs twice a day and the moringa still. I added my super greens 3 days ago as well.

Since the initial dizzy spell in August and before that the pneumonia, I have lost abut 12 pounds due to the head thing. Don't feel like eating.

My mood is better and have more energy... and can think clearer.

Tomorrow is my VNG testing. Not happy about them actually causing a dizzy spell. Yuck!

13. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Calin, that's good news about the Bragg's ACV. Looks like it is really working for you!! Your tinnitus has been pretty quiet for several months, hasn't it? You're lucky it is low, so you don't have to deal with the T, along with the lightheadedness at the same time.

Good luck on the VNG testing tomorrow. I'm sure you'll be fine; keep us posted on how it goes.

Best wishes, Karen

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Thanks Karen.. will do.

Eating an organic all natural pop tart. Yummy! After the tart ACV doses, eating something sweet does the trick!

T is still a whisper and my head feels almost normal. Gosh, hope to beat this thing. I keep thinking it is some kind of inner ear infection. But, my imagination can run wild when I am not feeling my best.

15. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's possible that you ended up with some sort of ear infection as a result of having the flu. Maybe they can shed some light on it for you when you have the testing.

16. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      are you still doing the acv and hows your T???

• Hug Hug x 1
    17. Glen Morse
      Cold turkey

Glen Morse Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/08/2010
      I have some, and i'm trying it! Thank's

18. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      I've once used ACV on a wart I had on my finger, god damn was it effective! Might give drinking it a go :D

19. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been using Bragg's apple cider vinegar on and off for about a year now. It works for lots of things, including soothing a sore throat, helping with cold symptoms, etc.

For tinnitus --- well, it's hard to say. I've been using a number of supplements, including ACV, and my tinnitus has gotten much better. I think it would be worth a try.

A hint: First, place 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar in a tall glass. Then, add 1/4 tsp. baking soda. It will cause the ACV to fizz. Wait until the fizzing stops, then add warm water and honey (optional, but it tastes good!). When you drink it, you won't get the caustic, irritating feeling you'd otherwise get if you just drank the ACV straight.

I hope it works for you! Please do report back and let us know if you decide to try it.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    20. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      I have been drinking it for about a month. No change in T but it does give me a feeling of well being. I am also a diabetic and it helps my sugars. I really like the taste, I like it better than plain water. I do 2 tbsp per 20 oz of water 2 times a day. The 20 oz is just because that's how many oz my water bottles hold. I have just taken it straight then followed by a sip of water. I really like the taste, but as Karen said best to mix it. I mix it because of kidney problems, I need to drink water all day long. I like mine cold.

• Like Like x 3
    21. Tami
      Amused

Tami Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anyone else used the ACV for a month or more? I have T now since April, using the ACV for a week now. I must say my T is lower than ever these past few days. I also read you need to use it for at least a month. I also just got a regular store brand ACV. yes it's tart tasting but better than the ringing in my head.

22. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Hey I just wanted to see if the ACV is still helping? Hope it is!

23. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been back on the ACV for about 2 weeks now, and my tinnitus seems lower. SoulStation, are you using it, too? If so, is it working for you?

24. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Apple Cider Vinegar on shopping list,be nice to see if my allergies settle,for me that would be bliss,absolute bliss.
      Thanks for this tip.

• Like Like x 1
    25. gary
      Transparent

gary Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who Knows
      OK, it's been over five months now, the ACV for me is still giving the same results. No change in T but does as I said before give me a sense of well being and it helps my blood sugar by lowering it a 5/10 points.

It also may be helping in other ways that I am not aware of, would need a complete blood work up for that, but it can't hurt you AFAIK...

26. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I agree. It has lots of healing properties. I'm going to continue using it for awhile, too! Let's hope for healing for us all!!

• Like Like x 1
    27. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Nope but I'm picking some up tonight

28. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Hello Calin. I have dizzynes and lightheadness also, I several test done , the doc. did not find anything wrong with me, the dizziness was before the T , few weeks after T started , did Mri on ears and head did not find anything . hope you don't have problems with ears..all the best with Doc. Take care

29. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      What is a VNG test?

30. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      I will try the ACV too, have a bottle of Braggs in my fridge few months now , never thought to use it, hope it all works out