Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Oct 5, 2012.

?

Have you had any success with Apple Cider Vinegar?

1. Yes, it lowered my tinnitus

2. It didn't make any difference to my tinnitus

3. No, it made my tinnitus worse

4. I have never tried it

5. It may have helped: uncertain

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      @SoulStation ,

I'd like to hear how the ACV works for you, after you've been taking it for awhile. Good luck!

@alifalijohn,

Good luck to you, too! I'd like to hear how it works for you.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Michael Hamond

Michael Hamond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've tried the regular ACV from the store (not the raw kind). I tried it initially some time back and it didn't do much. I tried it again this week and found that it has stabilized my condition. Before I started taking it, my ringing was getting out of control, with my hearing fading in and out in both ears as waves of ringing would grow suddenly louder and then fade back to the persistent usual ringing. The ACV has stopped any spikes and fade-outs. I am going to try and find the raw kind. I have to say, this is the first thing that has had any noticeable effect on my T in a long time, so I am hopeful. Good tips on this thread.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been taking it off and on for several months now. It's hard to tell if it has any effect, but I will say that my tinnitus has definitely not gotten any worse in a long time. I agree with the comment from Michael Hamond (above); I think it stabilizes tinnitus.

ACV has many other health benefits, so you can't go wrong with at least trying it. I'm sorry you're having a spike right now, Jeannie. When my tinnitus was new, it seemed that a lot of supplements that were supposed to help had the opposite effect. Keep trying it for a couple days; if it is still making things worse, stop using it, and try again in a few months. Good luck, and I'd like to hear how you're doing in a couple days.

• Like Like x 2
    4. LoNicot
      Panicky

LoNicot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1971
      I just found this thread. Since some of the posters started ACV 6 months to a year or so ago, I would love to hear how your T is now, months later.

5. Michael Hamond

Michael Hamond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have been taking one to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar each day and I can honestly that it has eliminated all traces of spikes in my tinnitus. The ringing is still there, but there is no fading in and out with my hearing. That is a huge step for me. I still have bad days where my tinnitus is louder (yesterday was the worst I've had in years) but I suspect that was due to stress. ACV really makes a difference for me. In general, my tinnitus has been much calmer since I started ACV.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. Michael Hamond

Michael Hamond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      After months of not using ACV, I am back to using it. I can say that I have noticed one more difference that ACV makes. I should say that I am in bad shape, with my ears being clogged almost constantly. I am on Prednisone, which is having mixed results. However, I can say in the last two weeks, whenever my ears feel full, I drink two teaspoons of Bragg's apple cider vinegar and the congestion always diminishes. I have tried this theory numerous times over the last few weeks and it seems to be the ACV that is making the difference.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Brags is good for many things. It also helps with Gerd and Heartburn.

• Like Like x 1
    8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      yeah; when reflux was kicking my ass, PPIs just gave me worse problems, but ACV knocked it way back.

• Like Like x 1
    9. Michael Hamond

Michael Hamond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm a believer. This stuff may not knock out tinnitus, but it helps with congestion and a number of the related side effects I experience with my hearing issues.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    10. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, too. It has helped me with sore throat and bronchitis, as well as other issues. I haven't noticed any difference in my tinnitus when I take it, but for some, it might work. Anyway, I agree that it is good for many ailments.

• Like Like x 1
    11. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yes PPI's are terrible. They destroy good acid in the stomach along with the bad. In the end it is better to get rid of acid reflux the good old fashioned way: some ACV, lose weight if needed and adjusting acidity in diet, limit alcohol, caffeine etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    12. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Is it safe to flush with Apple Cider Vinegar instead of alcohol? I searched around and most people talk about drinking it, but what about using it to flush the ears. I read good results elsewhere but wanted to hear thoughts on it here first. I was gonna try Braggs Unfiltered.

13. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      the main thing I can think is that vinegar is pretty acidic and might be irritating to sensitive membranes. I don't know if this is a good idea or not but if I was going to try it I would start by diluting it significantly in water or saltwater...

14. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Also, I see you got your T from a NIN show? At least it was a good band; I've seen NIN like five times or something dumb (mostly with earplugs, thankfully)

• Agree Agree x 1
    15. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      Thank linear for the input. Unfortunately it wasn't a live show. Oh how I wish. I got into high end headphone and played the Ghosts album for 2 weeks all day long. Even tho it was at low-moderate levels. The repetition is was did it. No the decibels. Trent and his pianos are really something.

16. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I am just throwing this out there. I always eat the Apples, keep the doctor. LOL.
      Apple Juice, I don't drink. Apple Cider pills, I got some today. Hopeless, I know.
      Walmart carries them. I believe that Italian Dressing has vinegar. I don't eat dressing either. Ouch. I am vegetarian. I do eat clean, what gives in this crap. I hope that you all get well soon.

Quote of the Day: You are lovely.

• Like Like x 1
    17. Zorro!
      Wtf

Zorro! Member

jerriblanksquaw.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      That picture is awesome. I love it.

19. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      Somebody did write on here that apple cider vinegar helped their T.
      I figure if you think it can help it will and if its harmless or free then give it a try. I like to feel proactive in this as nobody else is available to help us.

20. BBarbara
      Curious

BBarbara Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      I drink organic apple cider vinegar every morning mixed with water and A teaspoon of honey, on an empty stomach .
      It's very good for your health it helps alkalize your body..

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    21. Wayne Harris

Wayne Harris Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 years ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      genetic they say
      Has anyone tried apple cider vinegar drops in the ears for relief of tinnitus? I have heard of this but would like some real life experienced folks to share their experiences with me about this treatment.

22. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      I doubt that would be good for anything at all. If you have ear impacted ear drums then you need to have the wax removed properly. If you have chronic tinnitus, then it's either from damaged inner ear hairs, nerve, or the phantom sound is generated in the brain. Vinegar in the ear canal can't do anything about any of these.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I have read of some folk benefitting from using this stuff. I am going to give it a go. Wondering what the success rate is; hence the poll.

24. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I wish the poll were to include an option "I am not sure whether or not it has helped" and/or "ACV has helped a little"

• Informative Informative x 1
    25. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I've updated it to add another option.

• Like Like x 1
    26. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      It worked for me, been silent over a month

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    27. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      I have not tried that, I have been trying Castor oil but had to stop, it was clogging up my hearing aids. I have gone to dropping a little hydrogen peroxide in each ear in the morning, the left ear crackles and pops for 10 minutes, the right is silent. Not sure what it means. Been doing it for a couple days, today was pretty tolerable but I have always had good days and bad days so I can't say it's working yet.

28. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Please be careful!!! I believe this is how @anusha got T. If I were you, I would discontinue doing that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    29. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      OMG hydrogen peroxide please don't use that. That's how my T started.

I mean I had a perforation from the trauma and went to physician. She couldn't see the perforation due to ear wax and we didn't know that there was a perforation until that was poured. The hydrogen peroxide the moment that was poured I could feel that until my throat and cried like crazy in pain. Felt like acid gushing and that's when the T started. The pain went immediately in 15mins but T sound which was triggered when hydrogen peroxide was poured never went away :(

Please don't pour that in ear. Be careful. I re-imagined that evening 1000times that I shouldn't have gone to that physician. I should have gone to ENT but couldn't get appointment immediately. Sometimes the small things we do unknowingly can cause a lot of pain.

• Hug Hug x 3
    30. anusha
      Buzzed

anusha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 29 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum
      Also, my ENT who is really good mentioned that pouring hydrogen peroxide was a very primitive procedure and he wouldn't recommend cleaning ears like that. He literally removed ear wax in 2seconds using his instruments.

He mentioned no Q tips and hydrogen peroxide. Please take care.

• Informative Informative x 1