Brain Damage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Magic toboggan, May 27, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hello,
      From yesterday i feel my left side of my brain like its on anesthetic. Like someone presses my head. Not pain just this. And also feeling my left ear doing something in it? Not sure whats going on but im feeling my left side of brain like its frosen. Can this have been caused by T? I feel like a crazy guy. I cant do my homework, i cant stay focused. Anyone know what that can be? Also fealing my left side throat like that. My T is alot louder from left side as i got acustic trauma. Thats why im anxious posting this.

2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
      Go see a doctor! nobody can answer this question without an examination.

3. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      That's is how I was feeling before my T started... Still doctors can't find what is causing the pressure and numbness in my head... Weird

4. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Agree with @Sjoerd: Definitely time to see a doctor. It probably is nothing but strange tinnitus, which can make you feel all kinds of odd symptoms. But you need to talk to someone about it besides posters on an Internet forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. erik
      Breezy

erik Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Get checked out to be sure. That way the Dr's can rule out any medical reasons for what you are experiencing. Otherwise it might not really be anything serious.

T can cause all kinds of weird things to happen to your physical being. When T ramps up your anxiety and stress then it can translate into physical issues. For months I had constant migraines, stiff neck and jaw, panic attacks, stomach cramps, swallowing issues and acid reflux. Then one day almost overnight, they went away. My T stayed but all those other symptoms diminished greatly or completely. So what was the difference? I think it was the stress and anxiety I was under. It was extreme. It was difficult to deal with....One day I decide to deal with it. I read some books on stress/anxiety/life, went to 20 weeks of CBT which changed my thinking on outlook on life.

I am not saying this is the same for you but maybe my experience can help someone who is going thru something similar at the moment.....

6. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I will try to go see an ENT tomorrow. Im giving exams this period so i dont have alot of free time and maybe stress causing those things. I have t 3 months now so maybe i will take and some steroids

7. Richard Wallace
      Thinking

Richard Wallace Member

Hi magic toboggan, Erik right above me here posted a good personal testimony to your thread. It probably wouldn't hurt to have it checked by an M.D. I'm personally still going through an anxious stage with the T that I have. As I'm writing this it feels like I have a 10 pound weight sitting on top of my head. I also get various strange sensations and pains in my head and face in different locations almost everyday. Hang in there my friend, I believe things will improve for us. God Bless...... Rich

8. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      See a Neurologist.. would be my advice. Plus.. docs can't see what's going on inside your head.. keep demanding to your ENT for a CT scan or MRI.. you could have high intracranial pressure like it turned out for me.

Good luck.. keep us posted..

9. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi @Magic toboggan (what a cool name!).

If you can get an immediate appointment with an ENT, great. But as others have said, I think you really need to see a neurologist. Even if you do get an immediate appointment with an ENT. Stuff involving your head and brain is nothing to screw around with, although I dont want to scare you. It's probably nothing serious. As @erik said, anxiety and tinnitus can do freaky things to your bod.

10. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thank you for all replies! Hmm thats good idea (visiting a neurologist). Never thought visiting one. Also i think he/she would understand better my situation and treat me better if i should follow a treatment. I can get a ct scan or mri from neurologist right? And also he/she can give me stroids right?

P.S.: my name is a result from my love to psychedelic trance music:blackalien: Im happy you like it! :)

11. Ricky81
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Any medical physician can order ct scan or mri.

I think you are better off getting a CT scan or MRI first. And there is no harm in seeing both Ent and a neurologist.. but make sure they both have access to your ct scan or MRI results. I saw couple ENTs and a neuro.opthomologist.

I had a similar pressing pain due to high intracranial pressure. I had to get a Lumbar Puncture.

Google symptoms for high intracranial pressure and see if you have any of those symptoms.

Youtube csf fluid or intracranial pressure.. good info on YouTube.

12. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Yes, a neurologist will be the one to order and interpret your CT or MRI scan... at least in the U.S. Any doctor could prescribe steroids (in the US) if the treatment was appropriate but that would be more likely to not be a neurologist.

13. Ricky81
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Also make sure you get brain mri and inner ear mri. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    14. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Just returned from the ENT. She said i dont have to take steroids as they help only a few days after the noise exposion and i havent inflammation to give me. Also to do an MRI or CT scan at two months if T havent stoped. For the pain she said i had irritated throat and my left jaw nerve cramped so thats causing little pains, freezed head feeling.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    15. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hey @Magic toboggan, thanks for updating us. I am not a doctor, but much of this sounds pretty reasonable to me. Jaw issues definitely can cause/aggravate tinnitus. You might want to find a dentist who specializes in TMJ issues.

16. Ricky81
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Head trauma or Head pain is serious business. One could die from long term complications.

Your head feels strange... and your body is telling you something isn't right. I can't believe these docs telling you to wait 2 or 3 months.

What if you have some mild form of injury in your head? Only ct scan or mri can show this.. not a doc who asks you some questions and then telling you.. everything is good. I'm saying this because my urgent care and pcp doc did same thing. Asked me some neuro questions. What time is it. What day is this.. etc etc... but mri scan showed I had high icp due to head trauma.

17. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Fortunatelly the pain and that feeling have almost gone maybe she was right. She told me taking ponstan, mesulid if i had pain (luckily i dont). (For my T now) when i told her taking some corticosteroids she told me they help only the first 15 days. She suggested a treatment for the problem she found (jaw nerves, throat) but what with my T? Steroids will help me now or im extavagant? :confused:

• Like Like x 1