Brainstorming Ideas for Tinnitus Awareness/Research

Discussion in 'Support' started by valeri, Oct 19, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Dear members,

The fail of Autifony had shattered all our hopes, at least for the time being, that we will have any cure/relief in the near future.

I'm not sure if newer members are aware, but Tinnitus Talk has a number of teams dedicated to promote tinnitus awareness and research, including Team Trobalt that has worked really hard to spread the word about further research of this drug and it's possible use for tinnitus.

I would like to ask every one of you to share some ideas as to what you think is important or relevant to do to possibly get the word out about our suffering and rise awareness about this horrible condition.

Wining and complaining is not gonna do it, tinnitus has been ignored for way too long and we, as a community, have some degree of responsibility to try and change current situation.

Ideas from relevant pictures, videos, FB posts, contacting various organisations you think may help.... anything!

Can you please keep it simple and short and also indicate if you, personally, would be able to contribute!
      We can only try, that's all we have left!

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I take to the doctors and audiology BTA leaflets and our tinnitus support group leaflets and now tinnitus talk leaflets and also to local town specsavers who have audiology too..lots of love glynis

3. hoper
      Happy

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      when i think about ideas for a cure...
      200.gif

• Useful Useful x 1
    4. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Marku sent me a tinnitus talk poster ready to print some out ready for our tinnitus support day in Hanley town centre on 27th October.
      We will be Giving awareness ,with Free BTA Quiet magazines ,BTA leaflets and posters,BTA balloons,Tinnitus Talk Posters and also dDeaflinks posters and support and our tinnitus Support Group details held every Wednesday afternoon at dDeaflinks.
      dDeaflinks is a charity and building full of daily events at their centre in Shelton and have a advice line.
      We will be covering deafness and hard of hearing with helpers who use sign language along with tinnitus support.
      We will be by the Halefax and Clinton Cards on the 27th October 10 am- 2pm........lots of love glynis