Discussion in 'General Chat' started by The Red Viper, Jun 24, 2016.
Separate names with a comma.
To you guys and gals in the UK, how do you feel about the referendum results for leaving the EU?
Scots wanted to remain. Wiser folks.
It stands to reason that UK and EU along with it will crash and burn.
I haven't heard the results of the vote yet, but the people voted to leave the EU?
Putin and the Chinese must be very happy today!
Although this has mostly to do with the EU failing to curb the migration crisis than the Brits hating on the EU imho.
Things that have already happened today:
- The pound has plummeted to a 30 year low
- Japanese stock market has crashed 8% and suspended trading
- Confirmation of another Scottish independence referendum
- Calls for an Irish reunification referendum
- Far-right nationalists across Europe now calling for referendums and the demise of the EU
- Hundreds of UK pension funds underwater
- FTSE is expected to open 10% down (the bankers knocked 8% off in the 2007 financial crash, so this is big)
- German DAX market expected to open 10% down
- HSBC is worth £10bn less since yesterday
- S&P has announced that UK now likely to lose its AAA credit ratings
-the UK economy has lost over £255bn, the equivalent of 40 years' worth of EU contributions
- The Prime Minister has resigned
- The UK has down slipped down to the 6th largest economy
Worst part...Boris Johnson might be the next PM
A bloody nightmare.......
If the EU hadn't morphed into the prototype for the Global Government of the Bankers, then I would have called it a bad idea.
It doesn't bode well for UK involvement in EU-funded scientific research - something directly relevant to all of us here.