Feedback Bringing Tinnitus Experts to Tinnitus Talk

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Beste, Jun 1, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Hi all,

You may be sick of my daily threads but I'm really struggling with my tinnitus ruining my life and I feel like I need to do something.

I am a member of this amazing forum for 4 months now and I do not know if we have any tinnitus experts here. (We have doctors but not scientists studying tinnitus treatments).

So I have an idea that we may contact researchers, scientists and tinnitus experts and call them to join us to know more by hearing from us. I know there are many researchers in my country but I really doubt if they know about this forum. We may be able to organize some days on the forum like we can ask questions about their studies and we may contribute to them.

This may sound silly but I wanted to share my own suggestion. Is there any possibility to reach out to the labs and scientists by e-mails? We are suffering from this daily and we know a lot about this thing for sure.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      Will bump this thread until we are gonna do something.

• Like Like x 2
    3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      Not a silly suggestion at all!

This is definitely something that could be done or at least looked into.

In the same vein as:

One issue is that a lot of the researchers are very busy (plus there's only so much that can be divulged in some cases during the pre-clinical stage, etc...), but I'm pretty sure we would be able to arrange something.

Do you have any specific labs/companies or researchers in mind that you would like to see taking part in a Q&A session here?

• Like Like x 1
    4. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      I do not know any T expert personally but I will look for it in my country Turkey. I will update it here if I can find anyone who is willing to join us to give some information about their latest studies.

Unfortunately Turkey is not an so active in tinnitus studies but I hope other members will be able to help this thread more than I can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. The Red Viper
      Angry

The Red Viper Member Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Leftover infection ETD + neck muscle injury
      My undergrad alma mater has a dedicated research lab for tinnitus. I didn't even know that it existed! I'll see if I can reach out to them.

http://www.theearlab.org/about.html

• Like Like x 2
    6. Beste
      Disappointed

Beste Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo/Clonazepam, Stress
      It is almost 5 in the morning in Turkey but I got an idea to tell you immediately.

Since we know some of our members have done stem cell treatment and got some improvement. I think ATEOS did it in Stem Cell 21 clinic and there are many comments in the stem cell thread about this clinic. What about contacting the scientist of that clinic to ask if they can come over and answer some of our questions or maybe even giving some details about their latest studies in tinnitus, hyperacusis and hearing loss? @Markku, @Steve H

• Like Like x 1
    7. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      That's an interesting idea. The only thing I would say is that it would be best to get someone who is an expert and is able to give a picture of stem cell research as a whole, otherwise there s a risk that their views will be heavily biased towards the particular product / package they are selling.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1