Brother Screamed in Ear Last Night. Having Ringing. Don't Know If This Is Permanent or Not.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Paragons, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Paragons

Paragons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yell in ear
      Hey guys. I'm really scared right now because I'm not sure if my Tinnitus is going to be permanent. Yesterday my little brother screamed in my ear and the sound got muffled, my ear felt full, and it started ringing. I'm not sure what to do and don't know if this will permanently damage me. I'm 16 if that's relevant. PLEASE HELP!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It should go in time.
      Your doctor might prescribe Prednisalone as can help with early inset tinnitus due to noise exposure...
      Keep sound on around you and if can not sleep download free tinnitus apps but don't play it with headphones or ear phones as your ears need a rest.
      Try not be to scared as it could go as fast as it came ,
      Try stay positive and we are here around the clock to support you..lots of love glynis

3. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Go to the doctor and get prednisone. Don't expose yourself to loud sounds for a bit. You'll be fine most likely.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paragons

Paragons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yell in ear
      I don't think I can see a doctor until tomorrow. I'm really scared. How can I know if it's only temporary or if I'm going to have this for a long time?

5. Tyler Montgomery
      Spaced

Tyler Montgomery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum from hard blow to the head.
      Go see if you have a busted eardrum.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You carnt, only time will tell and see your doctor asap !
      Try not be scared as will make the sound louder stressing about it.
      Tinnitus is a shock and comes with unwanted emotions and not knowing about it or how long you will have it.
      I know the sound can be upsetting and torture for some people and we have no magic wand but your brain will adapt to the sound and you won't notice it as much like a ticking clock etc.
      For now your best chance of it going is Prednisalone and keeping away from loud sounds...
      Keep sound on around you to help distract you from your tinnitus sound...lots of love glynis

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paragons

Paragons Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yell in ear
      I'm going to see my normal doctor's office in an hour or two. It won't be an audiologist so I'm not sure if anything can happen. I've been crying the entire day because I just can't cope with this right now. I'm so scared and I'm just shaking. I'm only a kid, I don't want to live my life with tinnitus and hearing loss because my brother was angry about something. I don't know what to do. I hope this isn't permanent, and everything recovers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Nathalie
      Sad

Nathalie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday when my little brother thought it was funny to scream into both of my ears for several times, a few seconds at a time. My left ear now has a new ringing sound and both of my ears feel full, as if they have lost hearing and everything sounds like a broken speaker. Distorted hearing and louder ringing. I also hope my ears will recover given time. Feeling quite down to be honest but I can't let these negative thoughts get better of me. Maybe some day there will be a cure for all these hearing issues and I must push on until then. There are still things worth fighting for and life worth living. You only get one life, even if something bad happens to you, you have to find strength and move forward despite everything. I still haven't got over the fact that I have lost my previous normal hearing and I am left with horrible distortion, feeling of partial deafness and raging tinnitus in both ears. I don't think I will ever get over it but I can continue living the life I have been given. I have no choice but to live. No matter what. Of course there is always an option to end your own life but it doesn't seem like a fair deal to me.