Bummed Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by Filip, Aug 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Filip

Filip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud earbuds music
      I damaged my hearing obviously lol, but what really bums me out is that I have 80 years maybe of years to live.

Now that's great but what if I become deaf :/

I just picture one day being deaf and everyone making fun of me and it just makes me want to cry honestly.

I only have tinnitus in one ear but what if it happens in both? My ears are really sensitive now they always hurting.

Sure I miss out on concerts, movies, and motorcycle riding, but I fear that one day I'll won't be able to push my self and I'll be all alone. Honestly I feel punished by many folks. I just wished things were different.

I never went and experience many things

It all started out when I was born in a immigrant family. My parents not knowing English and with an education struggled..... I'll finish the life story later

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD/Insane sinus congestion/TMJ/mold allergy/dog bark??????
      Wear hearing protection , be mindful of the constant periods of time of exposure.
      And you should be generally fine, preserve what you have left!

When riding a motorcycle, look for a good helmet with decent sound dampening (There are some that claim to keep noise as low as 60/70dB. They are 500+$ however). Take a portable speaker that can get fairly loud. listen to it without helmet, then try it with the helmet on. If there is a significant dampening, that's good. Use ear plugs in addition to the helmet, like ER20s or 15s.
      When riding too, I wouldn't ride for more than 1.5-2 hours continuously without a 15-30 minute break.

Concerts are another beast, i'd avoid them personally. Not worth the risk. Invest in a decent stereo system and listen at safe levels.

Movies are fine as most are less than 2 hours long anyway. If it bothers you, get ER10s, or custom made plugs with interchangeable filters.

I've got T in both my ears and i'm generally ok most of the time.