Buzz Saw Screeching Sound — Annoying Sound — Can This Settle Down or Change Pitch?

Discussion in 'Support' started by TheDanishGirl, Jul 28, 2017.

1. TheDanishGirl
      Sad

TheDanishGirl Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017 (H since 06/2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term noise exposure (headphones), maybe some stress.
      My tinnitus is two tones: one fairly low clear tone (could easily live with that one) and a horrible high pitched buzz saw/ crickets screeching sound that fluctuates always (like it changes volume/tone a bit every 2-5 sec.)

The last one is really the one tormenting me :( seeing as it fluctuates....will it get lower or develop into a more clear sound in time? please tell me it will.....really HATE that it goes up and down all the time, makes it impossible not to focus on it.

Has anyone here had their tinnitus settle down and/or change pitch?

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I get this from time to time, it starts out as a tone that is super loud and then it settles into another tone. This happened to me with my microwave/lawnmower tone 4 years ago. IT was super loud and was driving me batty, eventually it settled into a low to mid level microwave/air conditioner/ lawnmower tone...

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Glad to hear it settled down for you, hope it will for me too....i don't know if it is just my personal conviction but i think the brain has an easier time ignoring a steady clear tone as opposed to a fluctuating one which pulls attention to itself always :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
      Dear @TheDanishGirl,
      You cannot tell wether a sound will change or remain stable. In general you cannot tell anything conclusive when it comes to tinnitus. It's a very complicated thus unpredictable symptom. In my case i used to have a fluctuating tone which sounded like those old modems. Thankfully it settled down to a constant tone.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Jake007

Jake007 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss for long time, chainsaw, infections
      The first four months or so I had so many new sounds come and go, always a new noise after new noise. That has settled down now. Hopefully with time yours will to.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, i have also compared mine to a modem sound sometimes. Really hoping mine settles down after eventually like your did.

7. Amber
      Depressed

Amber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1999
      Shouldn't your own helpful supportive positive self deceit help you? Talking about this https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...ought-silence-doesnt-exist-hear-me-out.22974/

All of a sudden it doesn't help you anymore to think that nobody hears complete silence? Christ... Good for you realizing your ridiculous nonsense advice doesn't work!

• Funny Funny x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TheDanishGirl
      Sad

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow, aren't you compassionate kicking a person who is already down :( T has certaintly turned you into an empathetic person......NOT!!

I have never said that my "nobody hears silence" philosophy always works, of course it is not some miracle cure! but it helps me sometimes, and from the feedback i have gotten, it has worked for others too.