Buzzing/Pulsating Tinnitus When Bending Down/Ear Drainage

Discussion in 'Support' started by amymilly, Oct 31, 2016.

1. amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Hey guys.
      I've had tinnitus 5 months now.
      And this on and off buzzing/vibration sensation. Which some of you guys know about as I was posting quite a lot when I first had this. The shock is slowly wearing off lol!
      Anyway

So I finally went to see an ENT last week.
      He suggested I had ETD. And prescribed me some nasal steroid spray.
      Since then. The buzzing vibrations are the same. But I'm having this new feeling of my ear leaking? Or something dripping behind my ears. I put my finger in my ear but it's dry.? Has anyone had this?
      Also. I've started to hear my heartbeat in my ear when I bend over. Which is awful? Why is this happening.

Literally one thing after another. I have a follow up ent in 2 months. In regards to this steroid spray. Has anyone has this or similar also? My perforated ear drum is healed, my usual high pitch tinnitus is up and down in volume.which seems to be the normal for me now. But everything else is shit :(.

Thanks guys

2. Bear0211

Bear0211 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced....
      I too apparently have ETD. Tried the nasal spray but doesn't do much for me. I'm not bunged up which I find weird. Stuffy a little here and there. Apparently you don't have to be all bunged up though.

Can you pop your ears easily? I cannot. I've been adviced to use an ottovent. Which I have done when my ear feels plugged on and off.

Yeah this stuff is a nightmare.

Oh I also sometimes hear my heartbeat in my ear when bending over

Yeesh.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      @Bear0211 im not bunged up either. Which is odd, popping them how. The ent told me to hold my nose and swallow? Lol.
      Do you have the vibration sensation to babe?
      Or that leakage feeling lol.

4. Bear0211

Bear0211 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced....
      Hey.
      Yeah you can can hold your nose and swallow.

My ear pressure tests came back a tad abnormal. Hence him saying ETD... plus for the life of me I cannot pop my ears blowing through my nose. Left ear barely moves. My Audiologist tells me you don't have to be all bunged up. I wake up slighly stuffy here and there but that's it. Did your ear pressure test come back okay?

I was told you can have ETD for a good while.

Yeah I get the vibration sensation. Feels like I can feel my T at times.
      Not so much the leakage. Apparently I had fluid in my ear at the onset of this too.

Oh You get fleeting T? Scares the crap out of me. I got a really strange low tone and that freaked me out.

How are you getting on with it all? I'm still struggling with it. Think I always will

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      I haven't had an ear pressure test :/
      They checked to see if my ear drum was healed. And I had a hearing test which came back fine. Yeah Iv tried blowing and holding my nose it just hurts. So I don't tend to do it.
      I keep having bouts of pulsate tinnitus! It scares the life out of me. More so the past few days. And I'm not sure why. Do you get it. A lot or on the occasion.
      The vibration is awful. It's another thing to get used to rather than your normal tinnitus. Does yours stop when you talk and comes back when you've stopped. And fine the sensation goes if you put your finger in your ear? Has it ever gone away from you then? How long has all this been happening.
      I performed my eardrum 5 months ago. And mt hell started from there.
      Yeah fleeting t is really horrible also.
      All of this is horrible.
      I don't know. I won't ever be able to come to terms with it. Some days are good. Some days are vile. I keep having to convince myself I can get through this. It's hard though isn't it. We've got to keep strong though. I know that for sure. Xxx

6. Bear0211

Bear0211 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25/02/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced....
      @amymilly

Tad weird you haven't had the ear pressure test.( Tympanogram) Thought that was the norm. Well I didn't get one when I seen the shitty ENT. It was when I saw an audiologist. Do your ears crackle and pop too? I also have TMJD. Yaldi.

Is yours noise induced or from the perforation? How did you manage to do that?
      Sometimes when I just go and sit on my couch I feel a soft pulsate. Sometimes on other occasions. Randomly. I have no idea why. Id Say i get the fleeting T more.

Have your ears ever rang before ? Like after a club concert ect? Mines have. Meh

I cant say it goes away when I talk. It just come so and goes.
      My T is mental. Like it fluctuaties all over the place. Plus it changes from tonal to warbaling to morse code! Morning is best. Would you say yours is mild?Like you need to listen for it. Or is it quite evident in a quite place??
      I have the added bonus of having hypercausus!! .... and I've just started sound therapy.

Jeez I detest it!!

I finding it so restricting. :( I miss my old life. Social life! And not having this noise 24/7!!!
      Xx

Sorry bombarding you with questions :p

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      No I didn't. Maybe I'll have one when I'm at my follow up appointment.
      @Bear0211
      Okay so. Life story here haha.
      I started having ear problems when I was pregnant last January. I woke up one day and my ear was full. Didn't think anything of it. Left it a few weeks and it finally went fully away. Then I started to notice this rumbling. But it was only happening SAY for 10 mins after if be in the car then I'd forget about it untill the next time it happened again
      Anyway. May I went to s concert.
      Woke up next morning. The ringing was still there and the buzzing and everything just was so loud. I left it a week to see if it had calmed down. I had a 3 week old baby at this point so I tried to keep myself busy and occupied. Then the Sunday morning I woke up. Still the same. Still ringing. Had some major panic attack. Went to the out of hours Drs. And he told me I had perforated my eardrum and it will all settle down in about 8 weeks time. I so held those precious weeks hoping i was going to heal... 5 months later. Still exactly the same. Same tinnitus. Some days louder some days quiter.
      I can hear my ears. All the time. I don't have to listen out for it no. I wish that was the case. I can mask it throughout the day. And the night I have to sleep with the telly on now. The fleeting t started. But I had that before anything ever happened. Probably once every 6 months. Now I get it a few times a week.
      The vibration rumblings a different story. I had it coming and going. Periods of time. Say 2 weeks with it. And a few days without. Some days it feels like base in my skull. Some days it's just my one ear. And it sometimes get aggravated after car journeys. The ent told me it was etd and the pressure from travling. (This was a private one I seen). I then saw the NHS ent this week who gave me this nasal spray and said see you in 2 months.
      The vibrations are strange how if I talk it stops. And if I put my finger in my ear it goes away. The second I'm at stand still it comes back in full force.
      How long have you had it babe.
      And I know it's horrible. Iv never been so paranoid in all my life. My anxiety is through the roof some days. Some days I'm fine. Depends how my ears want to act up.
      :(.
      Has your tinnitus and rumbling vibration always been together. Or did one start after the other.

8. Tyler Montgomery
      Spaced

Tyler Montgomery Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/12/15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated eardrum from hard blow to the head.
      I can totally relate. I got punched in the ear and it busted my eardrum, which started the T. The ENT said the same bullcrap to me. "Wait 6-8 weeks and the ringing will go away". Now, 14 months later, same shit. You get used to it though.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Yeah you do when the shock wears off. Lol. Now I have other ear issues. The joys :arghh::LOL:

10. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      I too got ETD from AM 101 injection to my ears.....ent gave me steriod nasal spray....after 7 days of using the spray i got pulsative tinnitus and feeling some liquid in yhe ears......i stopped the nsal spray and the Pulsative tinnitus got better....

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. Samantha R

Samantha R Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @amymilly hey! Just wanted to say I also had a vibration/humming that would go away when I plugged my ear! I first realised this when I had a hearing test and the noise stopped when I put the headphones on.
      Only lasted for a week then went away... only to be replaced by this horrible head buss/sizzle I have. Mine started a month after my twins were born. It really is rotten.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      What's an 101 injection?
      And seriously??!! I'm going to stop taking it. I'm on a week of it. And I keep getting bouts of it. Why does that happened. Will it make pulsate tinnitus perminant. ? Did yours go away.
      Did your buzzing resolve :)?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      amymilly

amymilly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Perforated ear drum
      Oh no.
      I get the head buzz some days to. It vile.
      What did the Drs say it was. ? Etd too? Xx

14. Hopeful1
      Depressed

Hopeful1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Am 101 is a trial drug for tinnitus which does not work.

i dont think nasal spray makes its permanent...i got mine after am 101 injections to the ear along with ETD....

I stopped listening to it and did not here it for months until i had the nasal spray for a week! It stopped after a few days i stopped the nasal spray.....it way be there if i listen to it but i am not listening for it.

You should not notice it a few days after you stop the nasal spray IMO.