Caffeine, Alcohol — A Spike 15 Hours Later — Is Water Good for Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mathew Gould, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      My buzzing was getting better and I noticed 1 day I drank Coca-Cola (caffeine) and about 15 hours later the buzzing went from very good (almost non-existent) to pretty loud.

Then yesterday I didn't have any buzzing mostly for 3 days (longest since I got it 4 months ago) then I drank alcohol.

The buzzing then came back about 15 hours later...

Do any of you have this happen where caffeine in pop and alcohol make tinnitus worse???

Does the tinnitus becoming worse happen like 15 hours later??

Is the caffeine and alcohol a trigger if it's not making the tinnitus worse right away instead of 15 hours or so???

Before the alcohol I was drinking a bunch of water. Is water good for tinnitus??

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      All of that stuff triggers, your nervous system and can bring stress/anxiety on the body. I would avoid that kind of stuff, that's just my personal view :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Why would the triggers take 15 hours to kick in.. I was drunk last night and I had no buzzing.. Atleast I've been sleeping good for the last 8 weeks... I wasn't basically sleeping at ALL for 2 months before.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      You guys take any supplements that work?? I'm just on Ginkgo Bilboa 1 pill a day 120mg

5. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus is an odd thing. I can go to a loud spot(sports bar..world series), like i did tonight for 35 minutes, but my level has not increased. It can possibly be MUCH louder in the morning or the next day. Tinnitus can have a delay reaction, in its spikes and severity. I don't know why, this happens, but it has happened to me many times.

The sports bar was super loud and i knew once they all started screaming that I had to leave that spot eventually.

I have tried many different supplements and non of them worked for me. Remaining stress free and trying to smile and being active in my life, is what works for me.

My tinnitus is extremely loud right now and my hearing is chit because of it. It kinda makes it hard for me, to fully hit on the pretty girls and pick them up, O well. I'll still do my thing.

I'd love for this crap to go away, but it is what it is and we have to live our lives...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mathew Gould

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      Bump, anyone else drinking pop or alcohol and getting spikes a day later??

7. Tinniger

Tinniger Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uncertain, now very somatic, started with noise?
      I also have a tinnitus whose severity changes from day to day. I couldn't find any connection with triggers yet, and I look at everything!:
      Noise exposure, fluid intake, alcohol, medication, sleep time, sleeping position, stress, etc. etc. etc. etc.
      Sometimes the causality efforts seem to me to be completely meaningless and the tinnitus severity fluctuates purely accidentally...

8. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      If I eat pizza or Chinese food along with a Coke, my T goes through the roof.

A controlled diet with light salt and 1 cup of coffee a/day goes a long way for me.

Supplements and extra water don't help at all although I'm sure the water helps me control the cravings I get for junk food which spikes my T as well.

9. Single

Single Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      many causes
      Hi John, Have you ever tried to eat some vegetables? I have tried some vegetable, first the volume went down 1 or 2 days and then it backed up again. I have no idea why.