Can Anyone Explain What Is Going on with My Tinnitus (Listening to Tinnitus Talk Audio Player)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by jer, Oct 6, 2017.

1. jer

jer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I have been doing something that has me completely baffled now for over a year. TinntusTalk has a part of the website that is an audioplayer with sounds (https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/).

On occasions i have been listening to these sounds and there is one called "Musical neuromodulation".

Every time i listen to this for 1 minute, the strangest thing happens to my tinnitus. It usually subsides for about 3 minutes to every 1 minute I listen to these sounds. It does not go away but it goes from a high-pitched ring into a hiss or sometimes even lower.

Sometimes the effect can be a bit longer lasting in that it " adjust" my tinnitus in making it less bothersome for a while.

Can anyone explain what would be going on with my tinnitus here? I have no idea what is going on. Maybe even if somehow I can translate this effect into a therapy or something that could help me for a longer term?