Can Flonase Help Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bandit0524, Jan 30, 2018.

1. bandit0524

bandit0524 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 10th 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Sorry if this is redundant but I’m new to tinnitus and wanted to inquire. My tinnitus cause is unknown, second ENT said I have no ETD, no issues looking at my ears and my hearing is fine.

But I have bilateral tinnitus out of the blue. Dr said it could be Meniere's, but I have little other symptoms or an inner ear virus. Does that sound plausible?

So my question is does anyone think Flonase might help? It’s really dry here during winter and I do feel slightly stuffy but it’s a stretch it’s the cause. Can it hurt to try?

Hate to make it worse like when I tried Claritin D thinking maybe I was congested way up. Thanks!!

2. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      It probably won’t unless the cause is sinusitis, allergies or the variety of other things it can help with. I’m using it now and it’s certainly not made tinnitus worse.

Ps. Well done on seeing the relevant doctors and getting all relevant checks. Finding the cause of tinnitus is often challenging and near impossible. I suggest you spend your efforts learning to deal and accept it than finding a cause; you will be much happier and of it does away then even better!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Flonase reduces my tinnitus.

Weird right? Who knows why.