Can Hearing Aids Help Me? Will They Make My Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poyraz, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Hello
      I have benzo induced tinnitus for almost 3 months now. I have no other withdrawal symptoms left but ear piercing tinnitus. It was only in my left ear but lately I developed T alson in my right ear. I have no knowladge about hearing aids. As it said, I have no hearing loss. Can hearing aids help me? Will it make my T worse? I can't concentrate anything. This makes me anxious. Any advice is welcomed

2. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Get a free hearing check at a place that sells hearing aids or call up a place that does extended hearing frequency tests (above 8khz) to see if you have some hearing loss, even if you don't think you do. Otherwise, hearing aids with maskers may be able to calm you down some. If you don't have any hearing loss, see if you can find a place that sells hearing aid like devices but are just maskers. I would think those would be much cheaper. I have wondered about what causes benzo withdrawal tinnitus. Could it be due to a "glutamate storm" or since benzos can relax the muscles could it be caused by clenching the jaw hard at night or some other reason. If you find out, please post.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Jason
      Thank you for the help. The last two question is also my biggest questions mark. I rrally din't have any idea but in Ashton Manuel it says that if one person with slight hearing loss which is usually undetected uses benzos, s/he is more prone to have tinnitus in withdrawal. I don't know if the drug destroys inner ear cells or GABAa receptors. And why some people got completely healed after withdrawal and some just don't, I have no idea.