Can I Die from ETD? Cuz I Feel Like I Am

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hotaru, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      I got a URI 6 weeks ago, been on 2 antibiotics and 2 steroids, I'm starting my third antibiotic tomorrow. This URI caused me to have T and ETD. I thought the second one did it, but a mere week after finishing it the fluid in my ears comes back. I feel like my head will explode and water will burst out my ears. Why aren't any of these meds working? BTW, I've never been this sick before. I haven't gotten a cold in three years!

2. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      I think your eardrums would rupture which would not be fatal, though an underlying infection that close to the brain could be fatal I would assume. Has a swab/specimen test been done to verify an infection? If an infection could be ruled-out via test, a scan(MRI?/CT?)been done to look for a tumor. Just my thoughts; but I'll defer to someone else here with more medical sensibility and knowledge.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      For some reason, doctors don't test my fluids, blood, etc. I've always had to ask them to test me. I was just at the doctor three days ago and he didn't do anything except give me more pills. They better work this time.

4. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Have you had a fever? I don't understand refusing to do a test for infection when the first round of anti-biotics failed to produce results. Even though you have already started the treatment, I would see if I could find a doctor that would agree to run a set of labs for infection. If the test results come back negative for infection you can stop taking them and start pursuing other causes.
      When does this round of anti-biotics end? I bet if you checked into the ER claming very high pain and pressure, and that you are worried about a life-threatening infection I bet they would actually run the test. Just an idea if you reach a dead-end. I think the claim is somewhat legitimate, and as a liability issue I think they would have to take it seriously and run the test. And if they don't find an infection they might run some other scan on you while you are at the hospital.

5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      No you won't die from ETD. It is very common problem with the tube and usually would heal with time and meds. If your condition persist after the symptoms of ETD is over, then you need to see a doctor for more detail check or scan. Here is what ETD symptoms are about:

http://patient.info/health/eustachian-tube-dysfunction

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      I'm right back where I started 6 weeks ago. The T got worse and my ears are clogged. I just don't get it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    7. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      Did you try @engineerLA 's advice? I had one normal day and now loud hissing. I hope you find some answers @Hotaru
      I'm sure you're very frustrated.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Hotaru
      Depressed

Hotaru Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12-15-15
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      URI/ETD
      I tried a neti-pot and the sounds I heard and the weird pain I felt was not good, and probably caused the loop to come back. I'm spending hundreds on treatments and nothing's working. I'm sure if I bought a humidifier and pilled turmeric it won't work.

9. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.