Can Loud Sounds Cause Brain Damage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ray552, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Ray552

Ray552 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Can loud sounds actually cause brain damage? Any exposure to loud sounds by accident such as a passing by ambulance etc, horns make me feel brain dead and emotionless.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Tinnitus is something wrong with the brain after hearing gets damaged.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ray552

Ray552 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      My whole personality has changed and I can’t think as sharp.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      No, not likely to cause brain damage. What you are feeling is a combination of events triggered by the amygdala, which is located in the brain and responsible for many things namely emotions, fear and anything it perceives to be threatening like tinnitus or sounds that could make tinnitus worth. This in itself can trigger what you feel and how your body feels like a body alarm clock.

5. Halsy

Halsy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Sept. 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Abscess tooth
      Do you mean brain fog? Do you have any dizziness as well? You may have developed SSCD if that's the case - I have it.

Go read up on Semi Superior Canal Dehiscence. It can cause brain fog, dizziness, balance issues, loss of taste, tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus, etc. If that sounds like you it's an easy test - CT scan - that's often overlooked by doctors so you just need to ask to be tested for it. That could potentially be another condition known as Microvascular Compression Syndrome - again go read up on it. And it's easy to test for as well but you have to ask for it as most doctors - beside a Neurologist and Neurotologist - aren't aware of SSCD and MCS.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1