Can Stimulants Be Harmful to the Ear's Blood Supply?

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Landand, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Landand

Landand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not sure if this is "unrelated to tinnitus" or not so sorry if it's the wrong place to ask this.

I read somewhere that stimulants can be harmful to the ear (specifically the inner ear) due to a reduction of blood flow. I can't find a whole lot of information about stimulants causing problems with the ear, but I do know that the ear is very sensitive to blood supply issues and that stimulants does mess with the cardiovascular system (to the point of causing some people's hands and feet to turn pale or blue, given a high enough dose).

This is slightly concerning to me because some of the medications I occasionally take do have this effect and it is possible that a lack of blood flow may have been related to the cause of my problems. I don't notice anything getting worse when taking such medications (actually I feel a bit better, if anything) but it's still concerning.

I know I should probably ask a doctor about this (and I will next time I get a chance), but does anyone know whether or not this is an issue that I should be concerned about? Or has anyone had ear-related problems get worse from stimulants?

• Good Question Good Question x 1