Can Talking to Friends Hurt My Ears More?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mic Mike, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Mic Mike
      Torn

Mic Mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's been a week since I've gotten it, I have a friend living with me right now and we've been sitting around laughing at things I was doing on the computer, having a good time, made me forget completely. I felt so comfortable that we started smoking weed, because there was zero chance I'd get anxiety from being so relaxed already, and nothing happened. I live pretty isolated aside from my friends, I occasionally go over to one's house and though there's only a few of us at a time, we can get loud, and laugh a lot.
      So far, talking to my friend, he never sounded too loud even when he was falling over dying from laughter, almost yelling.

I'm getting pretty afraid of headphones now but if I can't even talk to friends without ear plugs...might get a little harder to forget about T.

2. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Simply......No,laughing with your friends won't damage your hearing.Your in the paranoid stage I've been there but your overprotecting now.Enjoy your friends company and just relax a little,if they're being too loud just ask them to quieten down a little to where you feel comfortable:)

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mic Mike
      Torn

Mic Mike Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That's great to hear, I forget about it completely when I'm around people and if I wouldn't be able to hear them laugh that would take away a great reason to live. It doesn't help that I tend to be the funnier person causing people to get louder than initially. It never sounded like my friend was too loud but I just need to be sure, thanks.

4. NineNails

NineNails Member

Actually it does. That's why I talk exclusively with strangers.

• Funny Funny x 3