Can Tinnitus Get Louder After a Violent Panic Attack?

Discussion in 'Support' started by MajaC, Mar 24, 2018.

1. MajaC
      Not worthy

MajaC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      fleeting (2012) Chronic (end 2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Birth, hearing loss, hearing trauma
      Hey!
      So, I'm someone with a background and some mental health issues. One of the consequences is my depression and my difficulty to cope with my emotions. However, this last month was a very bad month. A big roller coaster and I have keeping the head under the water. But, this something, something had happened. I won't explain what since I don't really want to remember it, but I went in the "cave" (I don't remember how to say sous-sol in english), trying to calm myself and had a panick attack. One that I'm getting used to. My brother went to join me and we talked, but that had just put oil on the fire when he return upstair. Since I was hungry because I didn't eat and didn't want him to have problem, I join them to just say "Ok. Everyone calm down. It was all a big misunderstanding that drove to a very worst situation, but let's calm down". I was thinking I was ok, but I wasn't.

I just finish to shout to everyone to calm down and the panick restart in worse. I finished sitted on the floor, hyperventilating and wasn't able to take one breath. My head and my hands were fluzzy (I don't even know if I say the correct term) but when I shoot that I was having a panick attack, they let me space and waited. After a moment, my mom helped me to stand up and I explain them that with the school, the works, the lack of sleeping, my problems, that one of my friend tried to (and they know I have troubles with being clean for two years and not restart it again so I am very sensitive to all of this) and my tinnitus. The evening passed.

I went again in the cave for watching my favorite movie and had a great time watching it with my brother, even if I putted it in english and he wasn't understanding what the characters was saying. However, my tinnitus, who was really mild since yesterday, was now more louder and my ear pain (I already have been checked for what could causing it) is worse.

Could a panick attack make all this worse?

Sorry for the paragraph. I also needed to talk.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss of Unknown Origin
      Because stress can cause tinnitus to be worse, I would say that a panic attack definitely could increase tinnitus. I'd like to say that it likely isn't a permanent increase, but rather a spike. Once the stress and panic has settled, hopefully your tinnitus will as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MajaC
      Not worthy

MajaC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      fleeting (2012) Chronic (end 2017)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Birth, hearing loss, hearing trauma
      Ok! Thank you for this information. I woke up this morning and it was worse so if it's just a strike, I would prefer that than if it was permanant.