Can You Identify My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Agnius, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Agnius

Agnius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys

Can you help to identify my tinnitus?

I read so much on internet but still can't figure out...

It's low pitched sound in my right ear, the sound is like airplane's engine, the sound is changing all the time, sometimes irregular "zzzzzz.....zzzzz....zzzzzzz", sometimes it's constant "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" and sometimes it disappears at all. Sometimes it disappears for weeks but always comes back.

The sound is not my heartbeat, it doesn't react to my body posture and basically it just appears and disappears without a reason. It's like some vibration inside my ear. Like mechanical noise.

Xanax makes it better but maybe it's placebo. I can't find any other solutions how to get rid of it. Sometimes hot shower helps but it's short time solution.

I visited 3 different ENTs, they don't know what's wrong, audiometry and tympanometry is good. Haven't done MRI yet because it's expensive. But I doubt that it could be a tumor. I don't have any other symptoms like vertigo or double vision.

Any ideas are appreciated.

2. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I have the same sounds. They drive me insane. I have many many other louds but the low ones bother me the most. The low sounds seem to come on when I am stressed.

3. DaveO

DaveO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ??
      Hi Agnius. How does it go with your tinnitus?