Can't Sleep. Want to Die.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sorien, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Sorien
      Sad

Sorien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold?
      Tinnitus isn't going away. It might be getting worse...first it started and stopped with seconds in between...now it is a constant tone...and I think I also hear a second sound that lurches, as if both aounds are playing at the same time, but it's very hard to hear the lurching sound when I put my hand over my ear. :(

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Have a word with your doctor about being put on Amitryptaline or nortryptaline a low dose for sleep .
      I have sever Bilateral tinnitus and take 50mg nortryptaline and now I can sleep great 8-10 Hours a night
      .....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. volsung37

volsung37 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Actually its probably better if you get a constant tone. The brain can habituate to it better. You are still very early into this condition. Your nervous system is struggling to adapt. It will in time.
      Tinnitus sounds can also change over time. Mine are different than when it all started.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Amitryptaline helps me ammensely in getting to sleep. As well as keeping my depression under control.

• Like Like x 1
    5. racerfish
      No Mood

racerfish Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / T worsened with antiobiotics
      Is this a new sleep med? Last time I took a sleep med was years ago and it was Lunesta. That stuff was no joke.

6. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      This drug called amitryptaline has been out some time. It's an antidepressant drug but it's also a nerve drug to dull pain it's also relaxces muscles and improves sleep. Most doctors will prescribe this drug For tinnitus as it is known to help some people suffering from tinnitus.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorien
      Sad

Sorien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold?
      The only things that stop the ringing are the valsalva maneuver and yawning, but that's not a long term solution

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sorien
      Sad

Sorien Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cold?
      Update: so yesterday my ear popped and the ringing broke apart again and was softer. Today I blew my nose and then the ringing became louder and constant. But this event, along with the valsalva maneuver, leads me to believe that there might actually be fixable with my ringing so I'm not planning on just accepting defeat any time soon!

• Like Like x 1
    9. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Isn't Amitriptyline a tricyclic? I don't know why everyone is recommending it all of the sudden.