Canucks Signing On

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by watersoilair, Jan 7, 2017.

1. watersoilair

watersoilair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself! Developed the awful T following a car accident where I was hit behind at high speeds and suffered from severe whiplash. I was also diagnosed with PTSD as a result of the accident.

So I'm here because I'm having trouble coping with the symptoms as it interferes with my life. Also, just wanted poke around and see if anyone else has the MVA/PTSD/T combo and see what their strategies for coping are.

Cheers!
      watersoilair

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I am a Canuck too. Welcome to TT. It is unfortunate that you had the accident and developed T from it. Have your received treatment for your T and have you tried masked it? If you need some masking suggestions, I can provide you with some. I had ultra high pitch T and severe H a few years back and I was in a mess. I suffered from PTSD before T but it was not from a car accident. Life was dark back then and I never thought I could enjoy life again. But here I am today living a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. I am not alone. Many members get better over time and using some strategies. Check out the success stories and you may learn some good ideas there how to cope with T. Here is my success story in which I mentioned a lady Melody Gardott who had been hit by a car. Perhaps the accident was different but the damage to her was bad. She has bad T & H from that. But she went on to excel in singing. Here is my story below. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Winner Winner x 1