Car Alarm Blasted Near Me...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Snake, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      Hi,

Today car alarm blasted me when I was in front of the vehicle door. I was exiting it and then this car alarm turned on by accident (maybe some bug in car alarm system, we all know that they're dumb).

I was wearing very good ear plugs (3M 1100, SNR=37dB).

I'm also doing HBOT treatment now and it was just before entering the chamber.

I feel strong anxiety now, someone experienced something like this? I don't know if it could do damage, but I know that ear plugs can give false sense of security. It was not painful. I need realistic answers, not optimistic. (@Bill Bauer ? :))

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am glad you were wearing those earplugs when the alarm went off!
      Earplugs give a false sense of security at concerts, loud bars, etc.
      Being exposed to noises at places like that for half an hour could have consequences that last a lifetime.

I think that if one gets blasted by short noise bursts multiple times, one might eventually develop a permanent T spike, even if one wears ear plugs. You might develop a temporary T spike, and of course that incident hasn't promoted your healing, but in the long run you ought to be ok.

It sounds like your T Hasn't gotten louder yet. If this is the case, it is an encouraging sign. If it is not louder when you wake up tomorrow morning, I think you can stop worrying about this incident.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      IMO I wouldn't worry about it. Luckily you had plugs in.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Snake
      Heartbroken

Snake Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2011 - Gaming on headphones. 2020 - Severe by breaking glass
      Thanks for response Bill, if you're positive i think that i should be too :)

It was maybe 2 seconds, i run away immediately. I'm during HBOT now so it's also positive for me.

• Like Like x 1