Discussion in 'Support' started by Scott T, Aug 5, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Scott T

Scott T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear wax removal?
      Has anyone tried CBT. I went to a group session last night and it was focused on meditation and breathing. Very " introduce yourself, why are you here, what do you want to get out of these sessions" Not sure that it is right for me as I am very analytical and a no BS or fluff person. My T has spike 5 weeks ago due to micro suction and not sure if this sort of therapy can help me. Thoughts?
    2. glynis-harbron

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

England, Stoke-on-Trent
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It can help you and share stories with eachother and coping skills and help put you in a more positive attitude towards tinnitus and emotional response.
      Learning these skills will then help you anytime through your life to put them in place when needed.
      Maybe you could chat to the people in charge if you would like some one to one time.....lots of love glynis
    3. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      CBT has not helped my tinnitus at all. If you expect it to - it won't. It's somewhat helped my reaction to it, but not enough for me to feel it's a success.

That said, I do feel it's helped other areas of my life, and wish I had the wherewithal to realize a shrink would have helped me when I was still "healthy".