Celebrity Baby Ear Protection!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by LadyDi, Aug 10, 2016.

1. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Any of you folks watching the Olympics get a look at Michael Phelps' young son, Boomer? The little guy is almost always wearing ear protection during the competitions. Good for Phelps and mom Nicole Johnson. Wish they would do a public service announcement and tell people why.

BABYEARS.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Good on them.

35D1A02300000578-3667923-image-a-4_1467293162349.jpg

I wish more parents would be aware of hearing protection for their kids.

I liked this commercial (no opinion on the company).
      Moments That Matter: Invest in big surprises.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Yeah, I wish more parents would be aware that they need to be protecting their childrens' hearing the same way they protect their skin from sunburn with sunscreen and from injury by putting them in a car seat. It kills me to see little ones at the movies, the film blasting away while they sit there exposed to the noise. Movie theaters should be required to post warnings.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's not just the movies. Sporting events, church services, etc. can be way too loud, even louder than most movies.
      My mother told me she developed long lasting noise sensitivity and ear pain (hyperacusis) from an outdoor easter church service held in a stadium. Somehow she managed to not get tinnitus, and the H got better after a year, but she was telling me that there were lots of kids covering their ears at that service. Makes me so angry, if a little kid is covering their ears it's because the noise level is painful and it's likely doing permanent damage. Adults have the ability to get up and move or leave, but kids don't have that ability.

Reminds me of this post:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/10-years-missing-the-golden-silence.6032/#post-64189

• Agree Agree x 1