Challenge: Not to Speak of Tinnitus to Anyone Outside This Forum

Discussion in 'Support' started by SeekIngAlpha, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SeekIngAlpha

SeekIngAlpha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      My challenge to myself is not to complain about tinnitus outside this forum or with a therapist. Complaining about tinnitus to people has really ruined my life and relationships.

I really need to say zero to people about it because it's never helped me in any way. One exception is really close friends and family and even then it's a disaster. I have to vow not to talk to anyone except a therapist or 1 close friend from now on. It's harder than tinnitus, the not sharing

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Harder than T is the lack of interest from scientists (except a few), doctors, medical system, friends, family....so damn hard. I wish I had cancer instead, like @valeri says. Than I would have gotten attention for this problem of mine, treatment, no insults, no misdiagnosis, more hope, etc.

3. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Never complained about my T in 12 years, not even to my family. They didn't know.

Now that it's catastrophic I realize it was one of my biggest mistakes.

4. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      quoted one of the reasons there's no awareness.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SeekIngAlpha

SeekIngAlpha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Talking about it is one thing but when it gets to rhe point that that its all you talk about like me it does ruin your life.
      Therapists are ok but orhers its useless. Its like talking to people about what its like to live in entirely different world. Sympathy is Nice sometimes but useless unless it gets you relief.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SeekIngAlpha

SeekIngAlpha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unkess you want to be a crusader advocate. Go on speaking tours about it or write articles again talking is ok but choose the right platform.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      SeekIngAlpha

SeekIngAlpha Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have trouble with self care these days. Looking after my needs in a basic way. Not sure why. What I care about has become small. My interests narrow. I lost my about ability to do thungs without constant need for reassurance

8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @SeekIngAlpha,
      Tinnitus can cause low mood and depression and take away your confidence and self worth but there is help for it with support....lots of love glynis