Change in Altitude — Can It Affect Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by LukeYoung, Aug 7, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. LukeYoung
      Transparent

LukeYoung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud concert
      So basically I live on a hill, and ear pressure changes when I go to Brisbane or the Gold Coast...

I was wondering will it change or effect my tinnitus?

My brother is moving and wants help with the move but I'm worried about the pressure changes...

2. gotyoubynuts

gotyoubynuts Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Diving can cause tinnitus because of pressure changes but those pressure changes can be very strong. What you are describing are mild changes and won't do damage....

3. LukeYoung
      Transparent

LukeYoung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud concert
      Yeah, it's only just until I go down the hill.. but I am a little worried.. I guess the anxiety would make it worse if anything.. but I have heard people getting tinnitus from pressure change. Although I did assume that this pressure change would be too minor.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      I have posted about tinnitus and flying which has a lot to do with pressure changes and the change can be rapid during the takeoffs and landings. Even with that, many people including myself have been flying without T having adverse effect. I also mentioned Aaron who even posted about his world travel since after T. Check this post out. So your pressure change should be minor and gradual and shouldn't be an issue. Take good care. God bless.

Tinnitus from Flying

• Like Like x 1
    5. LukeYoung
      Transparent

LukeYoung Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud concert
      Thanks Billie! Always there to help!