Changing Tinnitus for the Last Two Weeks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gon, Mar 15, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Gon
      Crappy

Gon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2nd 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe music or Pregabalin Drug
      Hi all I started getting a beeping morse code like noise in my right ear I got this briefly about a month ago I'm not sure but I just used some olive oil drops and it got rid of it right away but then two weeks ago it came back and since then its got worse with high pitch buzzing along with the beeps then about halfway through the first week the left ear started doing something similar but to a lesser extent.

Then about two days ago I was listening to some sound therapy (white noise) two notches above mute when somebody that was locked out started ringing the door bell a number of times I heard it fine and went and let them in then when I went back to the sound therapy I could still hear the door bell (Ding Dong) and it still in my head now 2 days later along with the other sounds.

I don't know what caused it there was no sudden loud noise then it was there but I do listen to music while I walk my dog I do have the volume on the higher side but not super loud the walks only take about 20 minutes I've done this for years with no problem but maybe that's the cause overtime.

The only other thing I think it could be is pregabalin that I take for left side nerve pain after googleing pregabalin and hearing loss there are a few sites that say the drug can curse hearing loss I was one 250mg a day that got increased in Jan 2015 from 200mg this might be when I got the first beeping sound in my right ear but I'm not sure since ear drops cleared it up I didn't give it any thought and had no more problems till two weeks ago.

I've been to the Doctors twice the GP looked in my ears and couldn't see anything and said it was from stress and it will go I asked to be referred to ENT but he didn't he gave me some diazepam for my anxiety I did ask for something to help me sleep as I have had next to none but he said the diazepam would make me sleepy it didn't.

I'm going to the GP again tomorrow I doubt he'll referee me to ENT and if he did what with it being the NHS (live in the UK) it would be weeks away so I was thinking of going private would you say seeing an ENT in the early onset on tinnitus is important and if I did get to see one is there anything I should be asking for ?

I'm so depressed by all never thought you could take silence for granted.

2. Gon
      Crappy

Gon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2nd 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      More and more sounds keep sticking in my head I just tried the ACRN Tinnitus Protocol site and tried to match the tone in my left ear and ran it for less then a minute when I stopped I could still hear it faded in my head.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Welcome to TT, Gon. I am no expert on various morphs of T sounds. Various people report different types such as high pitch, morse code intermittent sound, pulsatile, multi-toned, some with ear fullness, ear pain, TMJ etc., etc. I can only say that your T is very new, and so it is likely going through a very unstable period, or it may very well fade over time. No one knows for sure what the future of T will be when the T is new, thus all the anxiety and fear about the future. It is very normal what you are going though now with high anxiety, insomnia, depression, some losing appetite and weight etc. You are at the very early phase and it is also the most traumatic time of T life. You are functioning in fight or flight mode under the control of the limbic nervous system and so everything seems quite stressful and anxious. What you need to do is to ignore the day to day condition of T, knowing that likely in a few months you are going to be much more settled down like many of the members .

You can read up the success stories to give yourself some comfort and hope that you can get better. Learn some insights so see what can help you best. I had been in your shoes and worse a few years back, because besides my ultra high pitch dog whistle T, I also had severe hyperacusis which turned all normal sounds into piercingly hurtful sensation to the ears. I was in a mess and was under constant anxiety & panic attacks and was sleepless too having to depend on meds to survive. I thought I would never recover from the immense sufferings, but I just did. Never say never. Today I am back to normal living an absolutely enjoyable and productive life. Like many others, I posted my success story and call it 'From Darkness to Light....'. I mention 1For brevity of what I did to get better, I welcome you read over the post as well as many other success stories. You will come away with the confidence that you can get better. Take care & God bless.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Welcome Gon. You are going to be just fine. Don't panic. Your T is very new and so you are going through a very stressful time. But this is quite normal because T is a very strange & alien experience for most people and so it takes time to get used to it. Many members here were where you are now. Some recover enough to post their success stories. I am one of those who post the success stories. I lived through hell with my T and severe H a few years back. I know what you are going through and have deep empathy for your sufferings. Try not to worry about the day to day condition of T. Doing so will get you constantly nervous what T will do next. A new T is also quite unstable. The Ding Dong sound is one such example of that unstability. But this will pass. T will usually settle down in a few months.

Seeing an ENT is good step to make sure nothing is medically wrong. If you have been cleared by the doctors of nothing wrong medically with your ears and hearing, then rest assured that you will get better over time. The ENT is generally not very helpful with T. I find veteran members' advise and their strategies much more useful. You just need to learn some strategies or insights. The success stories are loaded with such things. In my success story titled 'From Darkness to Light...', I listed 10 points which have helped me recovered. For brevity, if you are interested, I invite you to read it and leave questions if you have any. Also there are many other great success stories. Do read over them to get you some idea what to do. If masking can help you, do get some masking as soon as possible. It may take some trials before you find some masking sounds working perfect for you. Whatever you do, don't worry too much yet. Things take time and so be patient. Tale care & God bless.

5. Gon
      Crappy

Gon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2nd 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So I did some Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy today at 16ft while it was getting up to pressure my beeping T almost went away completely couldn't tell with the tonal T as the noise of the machine was masking it but then it came back when we got to 16ft.

So after it was done it was 100% the same but now after I've had some sleep a tone that was in my right ear is gone and the beeping in the right seems a little better too.

So now when I block my ears I still hear morse code like beeps with a little background noise like hiss with the door bell still in my head Ding Dong.

I don't quite understand why the door bell got stuck in my head if that part of my hearing was damaged then why can i still hear the real door bell fine.

I'm gonna try and do as much Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy as I can its only open Tuesday -Friday and I can only do Friday this week but is it better to do 32ft then 16ft ?

I'm also trying to sign up for AM 101 study just waiting for the Dr. to phone me to ask me more about my T she said in an email that they're only looking for people within 3 mouths of getting T now which I am.

Edit: Just as I was writing this the tone in my left ear came back :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Mark L
      Torn

Mark L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and I swear Citalopram made it worse
      How did you get the hyperbaric treatment? I suppose that's not available in the UK?

7. Gon
      Crappy

Gon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2nd 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did it for about 15 times didn't do anything.

8. Mark L
      Torn

Mark L Member

Tinnitus Since:
      28/06/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure and I swear Citalopram made it worse
      oh well i am booked in now