Changing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Axel, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Axel
      Depressed

Axel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicin
      Hi!
      My tinnitus is a humming sound at 60-65 hz. Some sounds aggrivate it. Sometimes the tinnitus is low and sometimes it is gone.
      A couple of weeks ago I was exposed to a loud buzzing from a motor. Only for a few minutes. Soon after I as in a quiet room and I noticed that my tinnitus had reduced to a low hum. But also a new hum about 100 hz. The two sounds were fluctuaging fast. Later at night I noticed that the new sound stayid if there were really quiet. And it is still like that. It is most dominant when laying down.

Anyone here have anything similar?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Axel ,
      Tinnitus can come in lots of sounds and strengths and can change tone any time but usually reverts back to your normal base sound you are use to.
      Try to stay calm and relaxed even though it can be stressful not knowing what's going on and Im quite sure the motor has not caused it and just the tinnitus changing tone as we all sometimes get.
      Hope that's helped to reassure you.. lots of love glynis

3. steinamo
      Balanced

steinamo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2015
      It changes. Mine started as a pure tone tinnitus in my right ear around...4900Hz maybe? Now it's definitely a white noise/cicada sound somewhere between 3900-6000 but it's harder to pinpoint. Habituation definitely happens, though, so take solace in that. When mine first started it was driving me crazy, now it's just annoying but not really all that bad.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Axel
      Depressed

Axel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medicin
      Mine is not changing over time but when in a silent room my T changes between two sound on and off. The deep humming is changing into another hum. The tiniest sound stopsit and the old humming sound is back. So I can control it somewhat. But it makes me very anxious. It makes me even more afraid of silent rooms than I was before with just my old T. That loud buzzing sound from that motor must have damage something in my ear.

BTW, my T is now gone. That happens but not often enough. I just know that in a couple of hour I will have fullness in my ear. I will try to enjoy.